Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momasz1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2012, 04:20 PM
    Is it still a felony if I had adjudication withheld
    I was charged with a felony but pleaded nolo contendre and got adjudication withheld so am I a felon?
    ali18ninja Posts: 159, Reputation: 16

Jul 23, 2012, 09:13 PM
    Well if I'm not mistaken, have adjudication withheld is sort of like avoiding a conviction am I right? In that case, you are not convicted but I believe you still have to perform probation or something in other for it not be a conviction. So your charges are "pending" until you complete it. You are still charged for all legal purposes.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2012, 10:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ali18ninja View Post
    Well if I'm not mistaken, have adjudication withheld is sort of like avoiding a conviction am I right? In that case, you are not convicted but I believe you still have to perform probation or something in other for it not be be a conviction. So your charges are "pending" until you complete it. You are still charged for all legal purposes.

Please stop guessing at answers on the legal boards. Yes, you are mistaken.

Here's the info: "Only after you have been found guilty can the court consider the adjudication. You cannot be adjudicated guilty unless you have first been found guilty by the court. After a finding of guilt the court has the option of adjudicating you guilty or withholding the adjudication of guilt. By adjudicating you guilty the court is convicting you of the crime. If the offense is a felony the loss of your civil rights will occur. Being adjudicated guilty also makes you ineligible to have any criminal history record sealed or expunged.

Again, you cannot have adjudication withheld unless you have first been found guilty by the court. After a finding of guilt the court has the option of adjudicating you guilty or withholding the adjudication of guilt. By withholding the adjudication of guilt the court is not convicting you of the crime. If the offense is a felony you will not lose your civil rights. Having the adjudication of guilt withheld also leaves you eligible to have your criminal history record sealed or expunged so long as you do not have an adjudication of guilt in any other case and the offense qualifies."

What is a "Withhold of Adjudication" in Florida (Also Called "Adjudication Withheld")? - Avvo.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I travel while on probation for theft if adjudication was withheld? [ 1 Answers ]

I am on probation for a non-violent theft offense. The complaining party was my former employer. There was a negotiated plea, adjudication was withheld, and money is being paid to the complaining party. There was no trial and I was not convicted, nor was I found guilty nor did I plead guilty. I...

Adjudication in welding [ 1 Answers ]

What is adjudication in welding prossess?

Beneficiary Adjudication [ 1 Answers ]

My mother past and there are several life Ins. Policies. My sister will not make this information available to me unless I give her power of atty. How do I find out the name of the life Ins. Company separate from getting a copy of same from the funeral director? I am listed on the policy as a...

Deferred adjudication [ 1 Answers ]

My son will be finished with his deferred adjudication for two misdemeanor possessions of marijuana on May 11, 2008. I would like to know what are the procedures for his release from deferred adjudication since his PO has not been very clear on what is going to happen? Will he have to make a court...

View more questions Search