Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tammyok Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Furnace only firing in one zone
    Hello:
    I have a digital thermostat and gas heat (forced hot air). When I turn the heat on upstairs, the blower only blows cool air. When I turn it on downstairs, it works normally. I checked the fuse box to see if a fuse had been tripped, but it was normal. What other simple steps can I take before calling a professional?
    Thank you in advance.
    Tammy
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2007, 12:38 PM
    Could it be you have 2 furnaces, one in the upstairs or attic and one for the downstairs maybe in the basement? My guess is the upstairs furnace is broken.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Firing public defender [ 11 Answers ]

I have a friend that is starting a criminal trial tomorrow, and his public defender sucks. Can he fire his public defender the day the trial starts? He plans to retain a private atty tomorrow also. Please anyone that knows let me know. It is in Adam County CO, for assault with deadly weapon.

Twilight zone [ 5 Answers ]

I remember that it was a movie from the twlight show.. I woman was outside gardening and she had found a wooden box and in it was a silverr necklace. She had discovered that when she would put it on and say the words SHUT UP everyone would freeze. So she went into the grocery mall and wanted the...

Firing [ 2 Answers ]

I got fired today from a long term job. How do I explain this at interviews. The labor board is going to be checking into the company. Also how do I get a list of the jobs I've had to build a resume? Thanks, ...

Firing Order Of 1988 Honda Civic [ 1 Answers ]

HI, I am just wondering why my 1988 Civic honda was starting even the firing order as of Not the same what's in the manual. Can you give the firing order of what you know and I will compare it on what on it now. The manual says in sequence from left to right when you're facing the engine is: 4...

In the Thanksgiving Zone Now [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, cranberry chutney and pumpkin pie made, so its official... we're in the Thanksgiving Zone now. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

View more questions Search