Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afiamirza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2012, 09:54 AM
    Out of network insurance
    What sort of emergency situations are covered by out of network insurance?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2012, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by afiamirza View Post
    what sort of emergency situations are covered by out of network insurance?
    Only what your policy states. There isn't a universal answer.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2012, 01:03 PM
    Smoothie is exactly right.
    However, I happen to have a booklet here that includes some of the typical language used by one of the many companies that can be selected as part of a menu of health plans.

This is just one example of many types of requirements that MIGHT be in a randomly selected plan:

"*** Emergency services or medical emergency is
    defined as: health care services that are provided
    in a hospital emergency facility after the sudden
    onset of a medical condition that manifests itself
    by symptoms of sufficient severity, including
    severe pain, that the absence of immediate
    medical attention could reasonably be expected
    by a prudent layperson, who possesses an average
    knowledge of health and medicine, to result in:
    • Placing the patient’s health in jeopardy;
    • Serious impairment of bodily functions; or
    • Serious dysfunction of any bodily organ or
    part. "

Just some general info and of course not likely to be the language used in the plan you might have or might be considering.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to control network traffic over a shared internet connection in a home network [ 4 Answers ]

I have just setup a LAN at home with the following specifications: A wireless router (linksys wrt120n) connected by an ethernet cable to a desktop server. Desktop server running Windows Server 2008 R2, no antivirus or third party firewall installed yet. Clients on this network are...

Map out e network of friendship and analyze it using the terms of network analysis [ 1 Answers ]

Map out a network of friendship and analyze it using the terms of network analysis. Are there any weak ties? If so what are their relatives strenghs? How have these situations possibly resolved themselves? How embedded is your network? Do structural holes exist?

My laptop will not connect to my wireless network(says none available)network isgood [ 3 Answers ]

My laptop will not connect to my wireless network (says none available) network is good I have another that is working fine. I

Not on college network, my computer says it cannot detect wireless network?Belkin [ 2 Answers ]

I took my Dell laptop with me to college and used a cable to hook it up in the dorm. When I came back for the holidays my parents had gotten a new wireless card (BELKIN) for their laptop but said that they didn't change anything else. My computer used to run wireless at this home and my parents...

View more questions Search