Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    P2PGURU4U Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2004, 03:43 AM
    Hardware upgrade results in horrific problem!
    Ok this is the situation, I just bought a brand new Athlon Proc. 1GB (2x 512) Mushkin DDR memory, and an ABIT NF7-S2G series Motherboard. I installed everything in my case. I boot and the BIOS seems to recognize both my hard drives and both my cd/dvd rom drives. It gets to where the windows loading logo appears for about half a second and then it reboots. Not once has the logo been present for more than haf a second. I have tried changing the settings around in the BIOS from fail safe to optomized etc etc and nothing works. I read that a fill windows xp wipe/install was necessary do the drastic hardware changes but when I try to install windows xp from the CD I get to where it says {setup is inspecting your computers hardware configuration... } then it goes to a black screen for a few minutes and then gives me this error message

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

File\i386\biosinfo.inf could not be loaded.
    The error code is 32768

Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have also noticed that the first time I booted and after I clear the CMOS I get the error "CMOS checksum error - Defaults loaded" note it only does this the first time after the CMOS is cleared.

I have also flashed the BIOS successfully with the latest BIOS version for my board. Following the instructions on your website perfectly and the problem has not changed.

As you can imagine I am more than frustrated and would greatly appreciate any help!! Thanks A lot!
    P2PGURU4U Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2004, 06:36 AM
    Well I figured it out,

The error message when trying to install XP was because the cd was bad, and after that I knew exactly how to fix the boot problem, a full HD format and OS installl. That did the trick. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sony Vaio PCG-K23 512MB to 1GB mem upgrade problem [ 12 Answers ]

I have a Sony Vaio PCG-K23 which came preinstalled with 2 x 256MB Infineon HYS64D32020GDL-7-B PC2100 SO-DIMMs. I recently purchased 2 x 512MB Patriot Memory PSD512333S PC2700 SO-DIMMs hoping to replace the Infineon SO-DIMMs and bring it up to the maximum capability of 1GB. I realise that the PC2700...

Problem with windows xp home upgrade [ 6 Answers ]

I'm trying to share files on a work group no domain(if fails,will try that later),I can see and share files from the home upgrade to xp pro but can't access from xp full install to upgrade? Printers work fine on both but can't dee files from xp pro full? Linksys 4 port DSL connection Tried...

Hardware or Software Problem? [ 1 Answers ]

I wiped out Windows Me on a Dell Dimension XPS D266, installed Windows98SE and now can't open IE or OE and anything I try to open is soooo painfully slow. I've fdisked, reformatted and reinstalled Win98SE 3 times and same results. I tried scanreg /fix in MS-Dos and results says it's fixed but it...

Canon i450 printer problem after SP2 upgrade [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have 2 computers with XP; each uses a Canon i450 printer. I recently installed SP2 to XP on both computers. Now, when I try to print 4 X 6 postcard announcements, the text is misplaced 1 1/2 inches from the side. Canon tech did not help. A downloaded Canon driver changed nothing. I've...

Browser Upgrade Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem with my Internet Explorer upgrade. Whenever I do an upgrade, before the end it's giving me a message about a command, syntax error. It's doing it also on AOL upgrade to 7.0 and 8.0. I did installed Netscape 7.0 though, which I'm using for the web sites that need high version...

View more questions Search