Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Janine44 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 03:54 PM
    Balance Sheet Reporting Issues
    Crumple Car Rentals is planning to expand into the Us and needs to acquire approximately 400 additional automobiles for rental purposes. Because Crumples cash reserves were substantially depleted they have the following options: issue additional debt, Create a wholly owned leasing subsidiary that would borrow the money with a guarantee for repayment form Crumple. Create a trust that would borrow the money with a guarantee for repayment form Crumple and lease the cars to it. In the event of liquidation the residual value of the trust would go to the Historical society. Compare and contrast the three alternatives from the perspective of the impact on Crumples consolidated balance sheet, the legal ramifications, the ability to maintenance , repair and replacement of automobiles. Select preferred alternative and show why it is the best choice.

Answer I came up with: Best choice would be to create a wholly owned leasing subsidiary as long as you do the equity method of accounting there is no legal ramifications. You would have the control over the maintenance, repair and replacement of the automobiles.

Check out some similar questions!

Balance Sheet Reporting Issues [ 1 Answers ]

A car rental company wants to expand but cash reserve is depleted. Their options are issue additional debt, Create a wholly owned leasing subsidiary that would borrow the money with a guarantee for payment the subsidiary would lease the cars to the parent, Create a trust that would borrow the...

A single question for journal n leger,p&l a/c,balance sheet,trial balance [ 2 Answers ]

A single question for journal n leger,p&l a/c,balance sheet,trial balance

Balance sheet for a corporate balance sheet [ 1 Answers ]

Information: Inventory 101,000 Retained Earnings ? Property, Plant and Equipment 278,000 Prepaid Expenses 13,000 Accrued Liabilities Payable 17,000 Long-term Note Payable 104,000 Accounts Receivalbe, Net 102,000 Common Stock 110,000 Dividends Payable 3000

Preparing is, re and balance sheet from Trial balance adjustement sheet [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to do my income statement, retained earnings and balance sheet from my adjusted trial balance sheet. I am confused from my book about the debits and credits. When I transfer them over from the adjusted sheet. Do they stay on the same sides. For example: assests will be on the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.