Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frizzybear Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 03:25 PM
    Why can't I find my faith in Jesus?
    Back when I was younger I was a strong Christian. When I got into the 6th grade I started swearing and doing A LOT of bad things. I stopped reading my bible and me and my family stopped going to church but I never stopped praying. I realized that I lost my faith in both God and Jesus and it killed me. Every single night even today I cry out to the Lord without getting any answer. I don't feel him at all. I don't even think he's helping me. Me and my family started going back to church recently but I still can't believe Jesus died for my sin. Whenever I'm in church I feel so much faith but whenever I leave church the feelings of the Lord and my faith are COMPLETELY gone. It's like they were never there. I stopped swearing and I'm trying to stop sinning. It feels so useless. I can't even confess with my mouth God exist without hesitating. I don't want to die and go to Hell. I want to be ready for the rapture and I'm scared I won't be saved and have my faith in time...

Im reading my bible every night now but whenever I out the bible away all my faith is lost again and thoughts that go against God and what the bible says comes into my mind. Its like I need to have Christ on my mind 24/7
    lovecup84 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by frizzybear View Post
    Back when i was younger i was a strong Christian. When i got into the 6th grade I started swearing and doing ALOT of bad things. I stopped reading my bible and me and my family stopped going to church but i never stopped praying. I realized that I lost my faith in both God and Jesus and it killed me. Every single night even today I cry out to the Lord without getting any answer. I don't feel him at all. I don't even think he's helping me. Me and my family started going back to church recentaly but i still can't believe Jesus died for my sin. Whenever im in chruch i feel so much faith but whenever I leave church the feelings of the Lord and my faith are COMPLETELY gone. It's like they were never there. I stopped swearing and im trying to stop sinning. It feels so useless. I can't even confess with my mouth God exist without hesitating. I don't wanna die and go to Hell. I wanna be ready for the rapture and im scared i wont be saved and have my faith in time......

The best answer I give is to speak to a dedicated pastor for counseling
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2012, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by frizzybear View Post
    Back when i was younger i was a strong Christian. When i got into the 6th grade I started swearing and doing ALOT of bad things. I stopped reading my bible and me and my family stopped going to church but i never stopped praying. I realized that I lost my faith in both God and Jesus and it killed me. Every single night even today I cry out to the Lord without getting any answer. I don't feel him at all. I don't even think he's helping me. Me and my family started going back to church recentaly but i still can't believe Jesus died for my sin. Whenever im in chruch i feel so much faith but whenever I leave church the feelings of the Lord and my faith are COMPLETELY gone. It's like they were never there. I stopped swearing and im trying to stop sinning. It feels so useless. I can't even confess with my mouth God exist without hesitating. I don't wanna die and go to Hell. I wanna be ready for the rapture and im scared i wont be saved and have my faith in time......

How old are you?

Jul 22, 2012, 06:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    How old are you?
    I am 13 years old now...

Jul 22, 2012, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovecup84 View Post
    The best answer I give is to speak to a dedicated pastor for counseling
    Thanks for the comment. Actually that was my first idea to go to my pastor but I'm nervous and I don't feel like I'm doing the right thing cause I want God to answer me directely. I told my mom recentaly and that's why we've been going to church again. Whenever I find complete faith I try to keep it and it suddenly goes away... It never stays and it kills me deeply...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 06:16 PM
    God won't answer you directly. It doesn't happen like that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 06:18 PM
    I think you have a answer, you named it, you are cursing, you are not going to church ( if you can ) Christ is there, he did not move, you moved, you need to start moving back to him.

Jul 22, 2012, 06:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    I think you have a answer, you named it, you are cursing, you are not going to church ( if you can ) Christ is there, he did not move, you moved, you need to start moving back to him.
    Thank you so much.
    chiradeep Posts: 68, Reputation: 3

Jul 22, 2012, 07:59 PM
    Dear friend, I understand what you are going through.

God always answers. But we need to open our ears wide every time He speaks. He speaks in the following ways as shown in the Bible:

1. He speaks through His words, the Bible - (Ps. 119:105, 2Tim 3:16)
    2. He speaks through His people - (Acts 11:28, Acts 19:30)
    3. He speaks through our consciences/heart/dreams/visions - (Acts 16: 9)
    4. He speaks through circumstances - (Acts 28: 1-11)
    5. He speaks directly - (Acts 8:29, Acts 9: 4-5, Acts 16: 7)

Now, He chooses the mediums to communicate with you. Its His wish. You just pray and keep reading, in fact keep studying His word alone and also with believers. Take also the help from a pastor who knows God's word correctly. Keep listening to God's word as the Bible says, ''faith comes by hearing.''

God bless you...
    Expert

Jul 23, 2012, 03:56 PM
    Why can't I find my... Jul 22, 2012 10:04 PM {"why": "God chooses His ways of communications. Baseless and un-biblical answer/assumptions", "source": "NA"}
    Thanks for the unnecessary reddie. However, I stand by my statement that God will not answer someone "directly." He does not show is face and answer your questions "directly." He works in mysterious ways when answering questions.

How do I know this? Personal experience.

Jul 23, 2012, 04:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Thanks for the unnecessary reddie. However, I stand by my statement that God will not answer someone "directly." He does not show is face and answer your questions "directly." He works in mysterious ways when answering questions.

How do I know this? Personal experience.
    Dear friend! God is not limited to anybody's personal experience. I have biblical proof that God answers and speaks directly even today, in the New Testament era.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 23, 2012, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chiradeep View Post
    Dear friend! God is not limited to anybody's personal experience. I have biblical proof that God answers and speaks directly even today, in the New Testament era.
    We are not in the NT era; we are in the End Times, the Last Days. And no, God does not speak directly to someone today as he spoke to Moses and others in the OT.
    Expert

Jul 23, 2012, 05:02 PM
    I'm not your friend. You may have biblical proof, but I have personal proof.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2012, 05:02 PM

Really?
    Expert

Jul 23, 2012, 05:05 PM
    Those here that know me, and my story, would have to agree that my personal proof trumps your biblical proof.

Jul 23, 2012, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    We are not in the NT era; we are in the End Times, the Last Days. And no, God does not speak directly to someone today as he spoke to Moses and others in the OT.
    The Holy Ghost speaks directly with the believers. And He is God. I am talking about end times.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2012, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Those here that know me, and my story, would have to agree that my personal proof trumps your biblical proof.

I can hear you - apparently I'm alone in that.

There is such a difference between saying "this is what I believe" and "this is how it is." Then add totally ignoring the AMHD rules and I have to wonder if it's success at any cost - ?

I both like and respect FrChuck. I've seen him post his opinions, strong opinions, strong beliefs - but I've never known him to preach.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 23, 2012, 05:26 PM
    The Holy Ghost speaks directly with the believers. And He is God. I am talking about end times.
    The Holy Spirit does not speak directly with anyone. He is that still, small voice we hear in our hearts.

If you are speaking of end times, then say that. The NT era is finished.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 23, 2012, 05:36 PM
    Ok we are on the Christianity board. God does talk to us, though two types of Revelation. One is natural and the other special to show us his glory and to show us he exists.

In natural he has the universe, which is in perfect balance, we have man, who in the mechanics is beyond any other animal in his abilities. We have all of nature that has no other solid proof that it could be any other way.

We have speical revelation that comes to use by the Word of God. And by the Holy Spirit, The Holy Spirit inspired the writters of the NT ( did not talk to them and if he was going to, he would have talk to them for sure) but the Spirit gave them the power, the courage and the mind to write what they did.) to us that Spirit gives us the understanding of Scripture to know how it adapt it to our lives. That same spirit is also that small voice, we normally call our conscience that is how God wrote the law into everyone's heart, that is why even those who never heard of Christ, still has his law in their heart.

The bible does tell us that we will get visions and we will have dreams, It does not say that we hear their actual voice.

I could post my entire sermon, just actually wrote one last week on this theme>
    CluelessKitty Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 08:31 PM
    I can't answer your question as an 'Expert' but I can offer you this: I have all the same questions as you & feel the same kind of desperation for answers as you describe but have never thought to voice it as I could never imagine how I could possibly put it in the form of a question as you have, nor could I think of an appropriate forum for finding a place to begin. There may be something of an answer though, in the fact that Iam a new member here, within the last 48 hrs or so, and the question that prompted me to register couldn't be farther from the topic of your question, yet while browsing the site, and with only the 1st 5 words of your question visible as a subject, my hand chose your question (I honestly have no idea why) which in doing so made the insight that was directed at you and your confusion available to me as well. With it came the realization that perhaps God does work in mysterious ways...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for Faith [ 16 Answers ]

A few years ago, my husband (who was raised Presbyterian) and I started going to a local Methodist church. I was not raised in a religious home and have no real background with any religion. I've had a lot of great conversations with my husband's grandmother, who is a Christian and I feel that it...

Faith [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm new to this and I hope that I can get answers to some questions that I have and hope that I can answer some for you.

Faith [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone have any advice on having faith? Faith to make it through a rough time? Faith that all will be well in the end? A scripture? Kind words? Anything? How do you cope? Please.

View more questions Search