Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bl7045 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2007, 09:32 AM
    Adsense Taxes?
    Is filing Taxes for your adsense income really that complicated? Everyone says you need to file all these different forms and it just sounds like a big pain in the .People also say you need to have a list of your tangible assets ie: computer, desk, chairs and things such as internet cost, domain name cost. What if I don't have any costs? How would I file my taxes in my situation: Adsense only source of income, 18 in high school, parents pay for internet and own everything associated with the computer, I also have a free domain, one of those .co.nr, and yes co.nr works with adsense already checked.
    qasamm Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Don't confuse Adsense income (taxable) with expences (wich may be deductable). The expenses you pay to create the income may be deductable from what you will need to pay in tax but look at it this way- If you work at McDonalds your income is taxed. The cost of you having the job (uniforms, gas money to get to work, etc.) may allow you to take some deduction on the amount you are taxed on but you must pay taxes on your income.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2007, 07:42 PM
    All you do is list it basically as other income and pay taxes on it. If you wish to take tax deductions, then you will need to treat it like a business.
    Now if that desk is in your kitchen or living room it is not deductable, you havve to use a room in your home only for business, or have a separate office, also a business computer is only deductable again if you use it only or at lest mainly for busiess, so if you surf the web 80 percent of the time and work on it 20 percent it well may not legally be deductable.

So if you are going to be in business, you need to either hire a good accountant, or learn and know the tax rules
    HelpMonkey Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2007, 08:30 AM
    Well unless your income is in the thousands of dollars (which I doubt) just file as a individual and list your ad income as professional... the tax dept surely won't mind as it simplifies things for them and it also makes it easy for you...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Google Adsense Help. [ 7 Answers ]

I am always encountering registration errors at www.google.com/adsense So could you sign up for an account on my behalf with my registration details ? Thanks. >>>Endium<<<

View more questions Search