Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psychomuffin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 07:25 AM
    Interlock device
    Suppose that someone else is driving my car, equipped with in interlock device, to work. Now suppose that he/she has gotten some failures on that device. What are the consequences to myself?
    And, on another note, I have been informed, by someone in the know, that although the interlock devives are installed and maintained by private industry, the state does indeed collect money from these companies.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2012, 07:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by psychomuffin View Post
    Suppose that someone else is driving my car, equiped with in interlock device, to work. Now suppose that he/she has gotten some failures on that device. What are the consequences to myself?
    And, on another note, I have been informed, by someone in the know, that although the interlock devives are installed and maintained by private industry, the state does indeed collect money from these companies.

I don't know how the profit from the interlock is a legal question - I am reading that these companies are approved by the State and under contract. Yes, they are for-profit companies.

I would ask my PO about another person driving your vehicle with an interlock device with failures on it - Courts hear this all the time and very seldom believe it.

I am reading that two people cannot share one vehicle with one device. Which State?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 08:57 AM
    The interlock companies do make a profit, a good profit. And yes part of the money I do believe gets paid back to the state. Just like stop light cameras. That does not change the failure issue. If someone else fails in the device, it will fail you. So you need to never loan car to anyone who has been drinking
    psychomuffin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I don't know how the profit from the interlock is a legal question - I am reading that these companies are approved by the State and under contract. Yes, they are for-profit companies.

I would ask my PO about another person driving your vehicle with an interlock device with failures on it - Courts hear this all the time and very seldom believe it.

I am reading that two people cannot share one vehicle with one device. Which State?
    I live in PA. I hesitate contacting my PO as I am under a "no alcohol" restiction. While I am not drinking, I am afraid that this could still get me a lot of trouble. I could very quickly become broke and homeless. I would just like to know if anyone at the DMV actually pays any attention to this sort of thing.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2012, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by psychomuffin View Post
    I live in PA. I hesitate contacting my PO as I am under a "no alcohol" restiction. While I am not drinking, I am afraid that this could still get me a lot of trouble. I could very quickly become broke and homeless. I would just like to know if anyone at the DMV actually pays any attention to this sort of thing.

If anyone pays attention to a vehicle supposedly being driven by someone with an interlock device shows a positive reading?

They sure do! If you use the AMHD "search" option you will discover the other problems people have had.

You bring up an excellent point - what if you are a two (or more) person family with one vehicle and only person person is required to use the interlock device? I find the "interlock" vehicle "should" only have one operator - but in this economy that seems rather impractical and very possibly not possible.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 10:29 AM
    Nope, no one looks or really cares. They look at pass or fail on the lock device, and recommendation of the PO.

If there was a interlock failure and you did not fail, you should be on the phone with the PO

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interlock device Texas [ 2 Answers ]

What happens if I have one fail on my device, and I retry 20 minutes later

What happens if you fail on your interlock ignition device [ 4 Answers ]

If you have an interlock ignition device installed on your vehicle due to a dwi and it fails the test?

What happens if you are on probation and you fail your interlock device [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! About a year ago I was convicted of a dwi. I live in NY state. I had a clean record up until this incident. I was sentenced 3 years probation. I also was sentenced to have an interlock device put in my car. I have had nothing but issues with this. It has failed on several accounts. 2...

Interlock [ 6 Answers ]

I have the interlock in my car and I haven't been drinking at all... the stupid thing aborts and fails all the time... seriously, coffee, jelly beans, lip gloss you name it... I am so worried that my download will look like I'm a mess!! Are they all this bad? So frustrating!

Clutch Interlock [ 1 Answers ]

The ignition switch on my 2000 Ford Focus would not turn. I had to have it replaced. One year later it is periodically having the same problem, but I keep a very small hammer in the car, and all it takes is a couple of taps on the key for me to be able to turn the key. BUT... now it seems that...

View more questions Search