Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Honpak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 07:20 AM
    Need to convert wall switch with digital timer.
    I have a wall switch that control outside lighting (there is another switch that controls the same light) with two red and two black along with a ground. The instructions with the digital timer does not indicate how to address two black and two red wires... Can you help?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 09:54 AM
    Sounds like you presently have a couple of 3-way switches. Also sounds like you are in the load switch of the two 3-ways. Is the timer switch a 3-way, does the timer switch require a neutral. You may or may not be able to use it and may or not be able to use it at the location you are trying to put it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Smart Digital Timer and a Two Way Switch [ 2 Answers ]

I had an intermatic timer that went out on me. It was originally installed by an electrician. The light switch is one of four. The other three are: 1) outside light, 2) two way sconce lights, 3) two way inside lights. The old intermatic timer had two black wires coming out of it. One black...

IiiWoods in-wall digital timer, light flickers, Model 59018/59028 [ 0 Answers ]

Installed a IiiWoods in-wall digital timer and the light flickers when I turn on, I believe I've set it up correctly, it is Model 59018/59028 digital timer. I hit the reset, programmed the clock/time/date but only flickers lights. Same issue when installed a second unit for another light switch....

Installing in-wall digital timer [ 2 Answers ]

HELP- I bought a GE in-wall digital timer, with 4 wires (red, black, white, green) My understanding is the black goes to black BEFORE the timer and the red FROM the timer goes to the light I'm trying to control. Is this right

Wiring a wall switch timer [ 8 Answers ]

I purchased an Intermatic Model EJ500 Self Adjusting Indoor Wall Switch Timer. I want to use the timer to automate my front porch lights. The switch I am replacing is one of three 3-way switches that control the lights and is in the middle of the circuit. I have two sets of wires coming to...

Intermatic wall timer/switch [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to install one of those cool in wall programmable timer/switch but have a question. The switch I would like to replace controls 2-500watt halogen lights, 2-150watt incandescent flood bulbs, 60watt outside door light, and finally 2-150watt halogen lights which totals up to 1660watts. ...

View more questions Search