Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vicksie654 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 05:36 AM
    Should I leave my boyfriend for another guy?
    I have a major problem, my boyfriend of 3 years is amazing but has really become boring. He fights with me if I buy airtime cause he wants to know why do I have the airtime. It feels like I am married already and that's not floating my boat.

So recenlty we met new friends and there is this one guy, AWWW he grabs my attention he is everything I am looking for.

I want the other guy but in the process don't want to hurt my boyfriend. What do I do? I am going to loose it, the stress is killing me. Should I follow my head that is saying that I should stay with my boyfriend, or should I follow my heart that is wanting this other guy?

HELP PLEASE!!
    A_2012 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Jul 22, 2012, 08:26 AM
    I think you should follow your heart. No matter how nice your boyfriend is, if you are not truly happy in the relationship, they that's not fair to you or him. And a clue to whether you are happy or not is that you found some interest in someone else. Think of it this way, if you think of a perfect future, do you see yourself with him or do you see yourself with someone else. And an other good clue is to think : if he broke up with you today, how would you feel? If your first reaction to that thought is "good at least i dont have to hurt him" then there is your answer. Hope this helps.

Jul 22, 2012, 08:29 AM
    Thank you, finally someone listens to me.. I can see a future with him but I am only 21 this year and was brought up in a very strict home I haven't experienced the world on the outside yet. Is it wrong to not ask him to wait but hope that one day we might be together?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 08:48 AM
    The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence is a old story. You are bored and want new and exciting, after a few years it will happen to the new,

What have have you done to try and make it work with boyfriend?

But you break up with boyfriend and hope new guy works out, or you just move on

Jul 22, 2012, 08:50 AM
    Well I have decide to stay on the correct path and not take either of them! The right one will come along-- HOPE
    A_2012 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Jul 22, 2012, 08:58 AM
    To be honest I was an only child and brought up in a strict way too so I know what you mean. The thing is you can't force him to wait, but if he really does love you he'll accept you as you are and respect your parents even if he doesn't agree with their strict ways. It's okay for him to be upset at certain situations and I'm sure you will be just as upset as him, but if he starts getting angry at you for the way your parents think then he isn't being fair to you because it puts you in a position between your family and him and he shouldn't make you choose.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 09:00 AM
    If you are unhappy in your present relationship, let it go, but don't do it because you have a itch for someone you don't really know. That is foolhardy.
    Why don't you just be single for a while.

Jul 22, 2012, 10:22 AM
    I have decided to take the path alone, thank you for all your advice, I don't know you guys but really your advice has helped me A lot! I have decided to be single for a while see what the future holds for me and see who is all out there for me! I am going to explore and enjoy myself before I commit myslef to a serious relationship.. Thank you once again
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 01:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicksie654 View Post
    I have decided to take the path alone, thank you for all your advice, I dont know you guys but really your advice has helped me ALOT! I have decided to be single for a while see what the future holds for me and see who is all out there for me!! I am going to explore and enjoy myself before I comit myslef to a serious relationship.. Thank you once again
    I think you made a wise decision for yourself. Enjoy your freedom to explore, and experiment.

Aug 5, 2012, 11:58 AM
    Did I make a Mistake?!
    I have left my boyfriend because I have fallen in love with his best friend. Well the other night the best friend invited me over.. O my gosh warm feeling... felt so good still smiling but want to tear myself apart..

We sat on the coach and he kissed me and one thing lead to another and when I realised again we were doing it :( I am not that type of girl!!

He has a girlfriend now I don't hear from him and his so In love with his girl now! I feel like a whore should I phone him and tell him his a f@$@% jerk or what??

I can't stop thinking about him :( I really need advice please
    Calecrotty Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2012, 12:04 PM
    I've never really been in this situation before but yes you should let him no how much of an he is for doing that that's a move and he deserves to get an ear full for it
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 12:12 PM
    He used you and you let him do it. Maybe learn from this and respect yourself more... don't be jumping on the first guy to pay attention to you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 01:20 PM
    Harshness Warning

Why are you mad at him for what you both did? What did you expect he was going to do after doing the deed? Maybe him, and your ex set you up.

What you think guys don't talk behind girls backs?? They were friends after all. You dumped your ex because he was boring, so look well before you leap next time.

"One thing led to another", and "before you knew it", are but OLD excuses for doing the wild thing. In truth you both got wild together.

So much for following your heart, or anything else other than your brain.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 01:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicksie654 View Post
    I have left my boyfriend because I have fallen inlove with his best friend. Well the other night the best friend invited me over.. O my gosh warm feeling... felt so good still smiling but wanna tear myself apart..

We sat on the coach and he kissed me and one thing lead to another and when I realised again we were doing it :( I am not that type of girl !!!

He has a girlfriend now I dont hear from him and his so INLOVE with his girl now!! I feel like a whore should I phone him and tell him his a f@$@% jerk or what???

I can't stop thinking about him :( I really need advice please
    What happened to being single for a while?
    Basically you got what you asked for, and were used.
    Yes he is a jerk, but if he had a girlfriend and carried on like that with you, then you should have known that.
    To add to Fr Chucks saying.
    The grass IS always greener on the other side of the fence, until it's time to do the yard work.
    There is no reason to be angry and call anyone and tell them off, drop it and move on.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 05:52 PM
    You are not a child. One thing led to another because you let it.
    You left your boyfriend for his best friend so don't get pissed at him cause he now has a girl friend. What you did wasn't much better.
    Did you expect he would chose you after what you did to his friend?
    monsieurjj Posts: 56, Reputation: 3
    -

Aug 5, 2012, 06:31 PM
    I feel so sorry for your ex, not so much for you, I guess it became boring because of communication problems but you falling in love so quickly is just a disrespect to what you and your ex had and let me guess you want your ex back?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New guy wants me to leave ex boyfriend in the past [ 3 Answers ]

Ok this is a weird question, I would never ask random people questions but why not? Anyway I have a problem, I just started seeing this guy who I met through boyfriend, my boyfriend only knew him for three weeks. Is it wrong that I'm seeing the guy my boyfriend introduced me to? Remind you I...

Why does my ex GF contact me to offer help if she chose to leave me for another guy? [ 21 Answers ]

Well it's a long story but 6 weeks ago I got into an argument with my ex, her mom and brother. Well after that fight, she left me, and is now dating a new guy whom she was friends with already. Her family finally got done with me. I'm going to admit for the last 7 years I was controlling, jealous,...

I met a new guy, really like him but only have a month before I leave the country! [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in a complete mess at the moment. I broke up with my ex boyfriend of three years three months ago (well he actually dumped me) because we both knew we'd be travelling for the next year or more. I've not been single since the age of 16 (now 22) and am having a really tough time managing it. I'm...

View more questions Search