Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tyson2166 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 04:02 AM
    Measure 3 phase
    I work at a steel plant and I've had to check power on a 3 phase system. When I measures the voltage it read 480 across 1-2, 2-3 and 1-3 leg which read 480 And is normal but when I read each leg to ground, two legs read 480 but the other leg read 0 volts?? Is this just a curtain type of delta or wye connection? Bc the way I always measure voltage I had power on all 3 legs to ground.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2012, 04:18 AM
    Could a 480 volt corner grounded delta system. This would produce the voltage readings you found.
    Tyson2166 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2012, 05:19 PM
    Thanks your rights that's what it was.. I never seen a 3 phase system like that before...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can we measure energy of 2 single phases in a 3 phase energy CT meter [ 1 Answers ]

We have two single phase energy sources. We want to measure the energy flown through these two phases in one meter. Can we use a 3 phase CT meter, connect two CTs to the meter and short the CTs link of the 3rd phase in the meter?

Single phase phase separation for rotary phase converter [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 240V Roto-Phase converter (ARCO Electric model M) in my shop installed by an electrician. A wire came loose last week and while debugging that I started thinking about the way it was wired and confused myself. My understanding of 3 phase power is that each leg is 120 degrees out of phase...

Converting 220 Single Phase Euro outlets to 110 volt two Phase Us ones? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to convert a euro single phase 220 volt outlet to a 110 outlet

Single phase vs. 3 phase power - what makes 3 phase more efficient? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, What is it that makes 3 phase power more efficient? Suppose I need an air compressor for a printing shop and I can choose between a 7.5HP single phase and a 7.5HP 3 phase. Ignoring that the cost of the motor is a little less for 3 phase, why is the motor more efficient and how does...

View more questions Search