Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laurelli2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 07:52 PM
    Emergency room - Should I go?
    I suffered a fall down my steps Early Wed. Am. Landed on 3-4 steps going up (I was walking down and slipped). On 4th step I hit the back of my head and the back of my neck. On the 3rd step I hit across my back; shoulders; including my spine. At the time, all I felt was a little soreness in my back and that was it. I had a doc. Appointment already that day and my primary doc looked it over - he found a bruise, a contused muscle to the left of my spinal column about mid way from top of my shoulders and mid back; pain in the spine, pain and muscle tightness in my neck and at base of my skull. I was seeing him to get a refill for the pain meds I take every month - Nucynta 75mg. He recommended no tests needed and to just rest.

Come Friday morning, I hurt from head to toe. My head is throbbing from front to back my shoulders are aching like crazy; my left shoulder socket is inflammed and painful; my spine hurts and my muscles from the top to the base of my spine are knotted and very painful (I also currently have confirmed herniated disc at L4 and desiccated discs at L5 and S1). My sciatic nerve is lit up in pain, my legs ache and no matter how I sit they ache and then tingle and within short time - have tingling and numbness in both legs and feet. I also have pain and tingling in my left arm and an old injury (severe break is severely painful) in left wrist is aching. I have numbness and tingling in my hands.

I called my doctors 4 times on Friday to see if I should come in; should I go get and MRI or CT; do I just need a muscle relaxant - no one would answer me and finally I was told there was no one who could help and I should go to ER or see my Primary doc on Monday.

It is Saturday and I again, have spent all day in severe pain despite being on Neurontin; Nucynta 75mg and 2mg Klonopin every 6-8 hours. I have been adding Excedrin and Ibuprofen to the mix to see if it would help and it is not working. Heat on my back is not working and neither is cold. What is your suggestion at this point. I don't know how much more I can take of feeling like this.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I miss probation if I was at the emergency room? [ 4 Answers ]

... can I miss probation if I was at the emergency room?

Bad smell in hot water heater room and loundry room [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed bad snell almost like urine smell in our hot water heater room and loundry room which is right next to each other. (we live in condo). I have no idea where the smell is coming from from either room. But only thing I can think of that they share is water pipe?? Do you have any idea...

Should I go to emergency room? [ 1 Answers ]

Im 21 years old and I Believe something is Wrong. I had my period on December 1, 2008 and Then January 1, 2009. My Last period came January 31. My last date of Intercourse which was Also unprotected was January 12. I went to clinic

My HIPA was violated while in the emergency room . [ 6 Answers ]

I am a personal assistant. My boss noticed that I was overwhelmed and acting unlike myself and asked that I take a few days off. What she was noticing was panic attacks back to back which I have learned to to hide well given my history. I work at a drug and alcohol treatment center and am...

Do I need to go to the emergency room? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. My regular doctor has told me to keep track of my blood pressure for the last 3 weeks because it is unusually high (I am only 21 - not overweight, non smoker, currently on a diet to try to reduce sodium intake). For the last 2 days, the bottom number has been between 102 and 107. My...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.