Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seriouslymaria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 06:26 PM
    Filed police report on boyfriend
    I filed a police report on my boyfriend for domestic violence I know I can't remove the police record but can I remove the charges on my part?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 21, 2012, 07:13 PM
    "charges on your part " ?: what charges, were you also arrested and changed ?
    ali18ninja Posts: 159, Reputation: 16

Jul 21, 2012, 07:13 PM
    The thing with domestic violence is, is that once charges are filed, the state basically files them with you as the victim. So probably not. Even if you don't testify, if they have evidence (pictures, your testimony at the time of arrest, etc) they can still prosecute.
    klarsenartwork Posts: 42, Reputation: 5

Jul 21, 2012, 09:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouslymaria View Post
    I filed a police report on my boyfriend for domestic violence I know I can't remove the police record but can I remove the charges on my part?
    Why do you want to remove the charges?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 21, 2012, 10:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by klarsenartwork View Post
    Why do you want to remove the charges?
    From someone that has seen this from their sister, I can guess at it...

I bet they are in love with each other and his abuse of her was a mistake and he is very sorry for it and won't ever do it again... he loves her so much and just wants to be with her and make things right and he swears it will never happen again... well, until next time.

My sister went through that pattern and kept changing her story and going back because he was going to change... 7 times they did this until he almost killed her by smashing a toilet using her head.

To the op... if he abused you, please, please stick with it and don't drop anything. It will happen again and again if you let it.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2012, 05:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    From someone that has seen this from their sister, I can guess at it...

I bet they are in love with each other and his abuse of her was a mistake and he is very sorry for it and won't ever do it again...he loves her so much and just wants to be with her and make things right and he swears it will never happen again....well, until next time.

My sister went through that pattern and kept changing her story and going back because he was going to change...7 times they did this until he almost killed her by smashing a toilet using her head.

To the op....if he abused you, please, please stick with it and don't drop anything. It will happen again and again if you let it.

Actually the prosecutor decides whether to pursue the charges or drop them. The person who filed the report can be forced to testify.

You cannot file charges and then change your mind and expect the charges to be dropped.

But, yes, I absolutely think you've hit it on the head here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Someome filed a false police report [ 22 Answers ]

I live in Ga and someone filed a fake police report on me saying I wanted to have them killed, the message was sent through a social network, the case was dismissed, but now the police called me and want me and the other person who filed to go in front of the judge to let him decide. Decide what is...

I filed a false police report and need to know if my husband can use that against me [ 2 Answers ]

I caught my husband cheating after we had been together for 22 years and I bought a tract phone and sent him threating messages that someone was going to hurt me just to get him back in my life & we are now going through a nasty divorce can he use that against me in our divorce

Passport and visa police report and medical report [ 3 Answers ]

I meant a lady that id like to have come to the usa and I need to know the price of a visa passport ,police report and medical report any help p,lease

What to do about a false police report filed against you? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently found out my son (16) was using Marijuana. So I banned the group of kids he was hanging around from my home, then started attending family counseling sessions with my 2 teenage sons. Things appeared to be getting better. Until... one of the young men that is no longer allowed at my...

Letter to police for police report to insurance for my claims [ 2 Answers ]

I had an accident with my car while I was driving from my house to work. The other Driver admit his fault and we call the police to take the normal proceduer.After going through everything have now been ask by the police to write a letter to him asking a police report which I will used to ask for...

View more questions Search