Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stacey3219 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2007, 07:53 AM
    Getting Pregnant
    My husband and I have been trying for 12 months to have a baby. We are both Healthy and exercise. I take vitamins. Is there anything else I can be trying to maybe be able to get pregnant more quick. I have talked to the doctors and she says we should be able to have kids..
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2007, 08:09 AM
    RELAX.

I keep saying it but I believe it too be true. The harder you try, the more stressed you become. The stress is actually a known factor of why some people do not become pregnant.

Joe

Mar 4, 2007, 08:17 AM
    I know everyone keeps telling me not to think about it but that is really hard.. If you have any suggestions on how not to think about it that might help..
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Going on vacation and going like bunny rabbits and just make love because you love each other, not because your trying to get pregnant.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 4, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Making love every night will actually reduce your chances of getting pregnant as it tends to lower the sperm count. Every other night is better. Also, you should know when you are ovulating. If you run a 28 day cycle this would be about 12 - 14 days after the first day of your period. This is when women are in their "fertile zone" and the egg is being released for fertalization.

Mar 4, 2007, 09:07 AM
    My cycle is usually 32 days. My doctor said to have sex everyother day between days 10-18 of my cycle.. Do you agree with that?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 4, 2007, 09:09 AM
    Yes, that sounds right. That covers the 28 day cycle through the 32 day cycle.
    TooSweet18 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 10:48 PM
    You are not the only one I been trying to get pregnant for the last 7months now and nothing showing I wonder could he have low sperm count
    Priya24 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 11:40 PM
    I am in the same boat... trying for 14 months with no luck. Not thinking about it is easier said than done... I totally understand your situation. I am obsessed. Well, hope this month will bring good luck for both of us. Keep us posted
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Ladies, if you have not yet seen your doctor, it would be a good time. Getting a full check up (for you and possibly your men) will help put your minds at ease, or help you know what you need to do to help further your chances. It also depends on the kinds and duration of birth control you have been on in your past. It takes most healthy couples at LEAST 12 months to conceive naturally before seeking medical help. (It took me one year trying to conceive our second son. That was 18 months after I got off the depo shot.) So get check ups for the both of you( make sure you both get checked, so that you aren't secretly blaming your husband for not conceiving. You could both be perfectly fine.)
    don8 Posts: 75, Reputation: 16

Mar 5, 2007, 09:14 AM
    I agree with buggage also if either of you smoke or drink a lot of caffine or take hot showers before sex these things cut down on your chances. She is right though you need to see your doctor and get a full check up but if he says that there is nothing wrong with either one of you then there is all kinds of vitamins that you can take to help you out, I am taking solaray fertility blend sp-1 and my husband is taking FertilOx, I don't know if it is helping or not but at least I don't feel like I am just sitting here waiting and they are only vitamins so the doctor says it can't hurt.
    JennaVanloon Posts: 13, Reputation: 4

Mar 6, 2007, 11:42 AM
    I recently had an IUD removed, it's been about 6 months, no baby...
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Mar 6, 2007, 12:19 PM
    Try having sex in a position that puts the penis as close to the cervix as possible at the time of ejaculation, such as doggie style or the woman's legs over the guys shoulders. Then lie with a pillow or 2 under your hips for 1/2 an hour immediately after sex. Good luck. Here is some ******baby dust****** hope it works for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nt pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

Never a stupid question. The more relaxed you are, the less stress you have. Just enjoying your lovemaking and being in the moment. Chanches are you will become pregnant sooner. Just have fun, Joe

Why can't I get pregnant? [ 14 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend are perfectly healthy. We don't smoke or drink and we are both young. We have been trying for 6 months to get pregnant. We have been having sex every month when I am ovulating and most fertile. Can anyone help answer why I might be having such difficulties?

I can't get pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying 4 baby 4 about a yr now ime only 16 yrs old bt there you go.my mum finks were trying 2 hard.does eny1 no wats wrong with me help me please:(

Am I pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

I was on the contraceptive implant and the pill at the same time stopped the pill and had a period then had the contraceptive implant out and I am 11 days late on my second period. No signs except headaches and weeing a lot a little cramp. Could I be pregnant I have done 4 ept all negative is it...

Am I pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

OK see the thing is me and my husband have been trying to have a baby... and my period doesn't start till jan 3 but I had pinkish spotting dec. 23 for about an hour and I pee all the time.. and my breast are very tender.. but I took a pregnant. Test on the 27th of dec. the first response one and I...

View more questions Search