Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    13149 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 11:08 AM
    My ex wants to go back to court
    My ex is not happy, we already have joint custody, he has our 8-month old from Tuesday to Sunday from 10:30am to 9:30pm and Saturday overnight until Sunday 2pm, he is retired and on disability so he watches her when I go to work and I pick her up after work, he is now upset telling me he needs her on more than one sleepover, I barely see her as it is because I work, do you think he will get what he wants? Oh, the other thing is that he wants child support from me too because he doesn't work, he always complains about not having any money. He spends it all on "medicinal marijuana" and is hiv positive, and has mental health classes every Tuesdays for trying to kill himself last year, the court disregarded all that and gave him joint custody, this man gives me hell every time he has the chance, I also have a 3 year old from a previous relationship, and I hate seeing her in the middle of all this. Thank you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2012, 11:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 13149 View Post
    My ex is not happy, we already have joint custody, he has our 8-month old from Tuesday to Sunday from 10:30am to 9:30pm and Saturday overnight until Sunday 2pm, he is retired and on disability so he watches her when I go to work and I pick her up after work, he is now upset telling me he needs her on more than one sleepover, I barely see her as it is because I work, do you think he will get what he wants? Oh, the other thing is that he wants child support from me too because he doesn't work, he always complains about not having any money. He spends it all on "medicinal marijuana" and is hiv positive, and has mental health classes every Tuesdays for trying to kill himself last year, the court disregarded all that and gave him joint custody, this man gives me hell every time he has the chance, I also have a 3 year old from a previous relationship, and I hate seeing her in the middle of all this. Thank you.

The Court will look at what the best arrangement is for the child - and that depends on many factors.

Your son is 8 months old. I would think you wouldn't have a child with an unemployed drug user with mental health issues and a past suicide attempt so I'm guessing this is all recent?

The Court will also take a look at you not wanting him to have more vistation, but you leave the child with an unemployed drug user with mental health issues and a past suicide attempt - how bad can he be for the child?

I'm not being critical - I'm just telling you how this looks to a stranger.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 21, 2012, 11:18 AM
    He is most likely going to get her 1/2 of the time for his time (with joint) the time he is your baby sitter is still your time, you choose to let him watch the child.

At least 6 and more sleep overs a month is normal just for visitation, joint custody should be closer to equal.

If he is unfit to watch her, that is something you will have to prove

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I go about taking my ex back to court? [ 17 Answers ]

I have been to court pro-se many times with regards to my ex and it has now been over a year since he has contacted my son who is going on 14 next month. He is a felon of our state and of another (Judge didn't see this as relivent during divorce) and we share joint custody, I am primary guardian....

Can you take a person back to court that have court orders after they file bankruptcy [ 5 Answers ]

My ex has 2 court orders that require paying money back for back IRS taxes and filing fees. The ex then filed bankruptcy. I am hearing both ways, am I able to take back to court now that the bankruptcy is done to get the money for these court ordered documents?

Should I take it back to court? [ 6 Answers ]

My child's father thought he wanted to be in her life and he has been taking me to court off and on for the last 4 years. Now that the courts made him pay for a G.L. for a cool 1800.00. The G.L. made one report saying that he should start visation slowly based on the fact that he has a home and...

Back to court [ 4 Answers ]

to make sure the biotch was paying. NOW she wants her measly $75 a month payments knocked down to $50. I know full well she can afford to pay off the full 1,500 all at once, she's just trying to make our lives miserable (which she is btw) Unfortunately my husband went to court without me today...

Can I be taken BACK to court? [ 5 Answers ]

Long story short.. My ex- landlords (or should I say slumlords?) filed suit for a month's rent + 60% interest because I was unable to give 30 days notice before moving out. The house was in terrible condition, and I could not find a new roommate when my other roommate bailed out because the house...

View more questions Search