Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mhheape Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 06:40 AM
    Cleaning sliding glass door track
    My track is preventing my sliding glass doors from opening and closing smoothly. How can this be remedied?

Thanks,
    MHeape
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Mar 4, 2007, 06:46 AM
    Those tracks can be a pain, I use to use Q-tips to get into the little groves to remove any trapped pieces of dirt etc that get into them. Also when you get them clean, a little bit of wd40 will help them glide much more smoothly.
    pergammano Posts: 82, Reputation: 8

Apr 18, 2007, 04:59 AM
    Also, check to see if the track wheels are not worn out. As I do maintenance, quite often I have found the wheels worn out, and must be replaced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lubricate Sliding Glass Door [ 6 Answers ]

Our sliding glass door to the backyard has become more difficult to open and I'm wondering what can be done, if some type of lubricant is supposed to be used or does it need some repair to the metal track or the door itself. Any suggestions/resources are appreciated.

Thermal sliding glass door dirty between panes [ 3 Answers ]

My metal sliding glass door works great but there is dust/dirt on the inside of the thermal panes - really affects the view. Can the glass be separated, cleaned and resealed? I've never noticed condensation but have only been in 1970s house for 1 year. Thanks in advance!

Sliding glass door [ 1 Answers ]

I need basic instructions for installing a sliding glass door. Irene

Sliding Glass Door is leaking [ 2 Answers ]

We have a sliding glass door that leaks when it rains heavily. Our house is 18 years old and the door leads out to a wooden deck. The deck is about one inch below the door frame. It is a good quality wooden door manufactured by Peachtree. This has caused some damage to our hardwood flooring near...

Sliding glass door problem [ 6 Answers ]

I just installed a laminate floor in a kitchen on top of an inch and one half sub floor. The bottom of our Andersen vinyl clad sliding glass door barely clears the floor and this without any threshold. The door wheels are set at their highest position and the top of the door rubs against...

View more questions Search