Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Irishgirl Posts: 129, Reputation: 18

Jul 21, 2012, 07:19 AM
    Weight stuff
    I am really trying to lose weight while trying to become pregnant and it doesn't seem to be budging at all. I have been the same weight 11st 7lb since February, I walk at least 2 kms a day and have begun rowing 2kms a day. I have been really trying to eat well and cook 9 out of 10 dinners from scratch. Any ideas on how to speed up weight lose? No fads please, they don't work and want to be healthy to conceive. Thanks in advance
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 21, 2012, 07:31 AM
    No one here would suggest a fad diet; would like to suggest though that why not concentrate on one thing at time, pick one and do it well. Both of your goals can be stressful to accomplish and trying to get pregnant should be in a relaxed no stress atmosphere.

Walking and rowing are excellent choices; both of which you could keep up even if pregnant, to a certain degree.

If you are doing both, and eating properly, then weight loss should occur. To my way of thinking, what you are eating on a daily basis is hindering your body's metabolism to lose weight. So, give me some idea of what your daily intake is,not in calories, just tell me what you eat for three meals, plus snacks. You need to jump start your metabolism.
    Irishgirl Posts: 129, Reputation: 18

Jul 21, 2012, 07:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    No one here would suggest a fad diet; would like to suggest though that why not concentrate on one thing at time, pick one and do it well. Both of your goals can be stressful to accomplish and trying to get pregnant should be in a relaxed no stress atmosphere.

Walking and rowing are excellent choices; both of which you could keep up even if pregnant, to a certain degree.

If you are doing both, and eating properly, then weight loss should occur. To my way of thinking, what you are eating on a daily basis is hindering your body's metabolism to lose weight. So, give me some idea of what your daily intake is,not in calories, just tell me what you eat for three meals, plus snacks. You need to jump start your metabolism.
    Thank you so much for your help, so this is a normal day for me:

Nimble toast x 2 and a banana
    Grapes or an apple
    Ham and cheese sandwich - homemade
    Quavers
    Spaghetti bolognese or potatoes, turkey and veg
    Small chocolate wafer bar or biscuit

I work outside as an engineer so my job involves a lot of either walking or driving.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am 16 and I am over weight I weight 216 pounds what can I do to lose weight [ 3 Answers ]

I am 16 and I weigh 216 pounds I want to lose weight I cut down on my junk food and on my sodas and juices I exercise about once a week because I am to busy doing homework but it seems not to work I can't lose weight even if I cut down on all my junk food I need help I want to lose a least 60...

How much good fats can I eat a day in order to keep my weight or lose weight? [ 2 Answers ]

I lost 4kg with a 21 day sugar/carb free diet to break my sugar addiction. After that I've kept really healthy and off sugar and carbs but sometimes I get so hungry like today, I ate 250gr of nuts which have 1200 kcal plus 5 tablespoons full of coconut oil plus 1 1/2 avocados, eggs, chicken and...

I want to gain some weight my current weight is50kgs and height is 168cms [ 1 Answers ]

I am 24 yrs old and my weight is 50kgs and height 168cms. Can you please suggest me the food to gain weight.

Boyfriend moved stuff in, then broke up with me. Do I get to keep the stuff? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I decided to move in together. He brought stuff to my apartment, and I got rid of a lot of my stuff to accommodate for his stuff (i.e, bed, TV, etc). Then he decided that we needed a new couch, so I got rid of my couch and he bought us a new one. Few months later and we are broken...

View more questions Search