Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BETHNASH Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2012, 06:40 AM
    How do you deal with someone that talks to the dead
    My mom talks to the dead all the time. She turns around and tells me that they tell her that they moved my grandfather body and also the they tell her that my uncle is working. Can dead people work. It seems like she is going back to the past. What can I do about this problem. She does have dementia.

Jul 21, 2012, 06:45 AM
    What can I do about my mom talking to the dead. She can stand and look up at her ceiling and turn around and do you know where railroad street is in williamstown pa. and then turn around and tell a colonel that he can land a helicopter in the ballfield. She went to the ballfield on railroad st in williamstown pa and sat there for four and a half hours waiting for this helicopter to come and it never did.

Jul 21, 2012, 06:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BETHNASH View Post
    My mom talks to the dead all the time. She turns around and tells me that they tell her that they moved my grandfather body and also the they tell her that my uncle is working. Can dead people work. It seems like she is going back to the past. What can i do about this problem. She does have dementia.
    and also she says that the dead is coming to take her some where.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 21, 2012, 06:49 AM
    How old is your mom?
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jul 21, 2012, 07:05 AM
    Is she prescribed medication for this... and of course the important question is does she take it?

How old are you? You may need to talk to somebody if you feel your mother is not able to competently take care of you. This could lead to some dangerous situations.

You posted in that paranormal forum... and at this point, with your mothers condition, I do not think she is really talking to spirits. She may need to be reevaluated.
    klarsenartwork Posts: 42, Reputation: 5

Jul 21, 2012, 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BETHNASH View Post
    My mom talks to the dead all the time. She turns around and tells me that they tell her that they moved my grandfather body and also the they tell her that my uncle is working. Can dead people work. It seems like she is going back to the past. What can i do about this problem. She does have dementia.
    There are new meds that may help her and there are meds that can hurt her. Does she get worse during twilight hours? Sundowners is a type of dementia that comes on when the house is getting dark each day. Putting on all the lights in the house 30 minuets before sunset is extremely helpful. I helped my mother in law when she experienced dementia from pain meds. Keep a diary on when she is aware and when she experiences mental confusion. Look up the side effects of the meds she is now on. My mother in law got much, much better when the meds were stopped. Hope this helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friend talks about herself too much [ 2 Answers ]

I have this friend, when I met her was really nice. She gave me advice, and always helped me through things.We've been friends for about five years, and she's now in high school. Lately, I've noticed that all she wants to talk about is herself, and I listen to her wholeheartedly, but when it comes...

He talks to a female friend more then he talks to his girlfriend ! [ 3 Answers ]

Okay so this is the first time I'm using this site so I really hope I get some helpful answers. So here it goes... My boyfriend and I have been together for a little more than 2 years. When we first started dating, I felt like he was playing games with me by showing me affection only behind...

He never talks [ 18 Answers ]

Hi there, I have this guy friend, we have known each other about 3 years at college. He doesn't talk much, but he loves to do hw with me and have lunch with me. BUT he doesn't talk much to me, all he did was like ask me if I want to get to lucn together or dinner together, I said sure,...

Need definitions for dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines [ 2 Answers ]

I need help with the definitions of dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines for socioloy class . Please help

View more questions Search