Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Coldshadow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2012, 05:16 PM
    Leaking from faucet meets sink top
    I am having trouble with my new faucet. Water is pooling where the faucet is siliconed to the vanity. I walk away for a few hours and come back to a pool of water around the base of the faucet.

All of the water lines and drain are fine with no leaks.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Thank you,
    Nick

KCCO
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 20, 2012, 06:19 PM
    Hi Nick

I'd start by removing the faucet handle (or handles) and drying everything up real well with paper towels.

Then, if the leak isn't obvious, wrap some toilet paper around the stem assembly... see if it gets wet over a 10 minute period or so.

Start here... should discover something pretty quick off.

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

J-Pipe leaking where PVC meets metal ? [ 1 Answers ]

In my kitchen I have replaced everything with PVC, for the most part, and it's working fine. I am having issues where the J-pipe (PVC) meets metal. I am leaking there despite many attempts at re-seating the pipe and trying again. It is a very difficult connection, and turns hard. It takes a...

Sink drain leaking, even with water supply shutoff and sink empty [ 0 Answers ]

My bathroom sink drain is leaking, I had planned on replacing the seals and washers under the sink, however this morning the leak got worse. This is almost a full day since water was shut off to sink and sink is empty. Why would this be? I am afraid if I undo the drain I am going to have water...

Marble sink top cracks and hot faucet rust [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old sink. Marble top and put new Kohler faucets in same time. There are hair line fractures (3) coming from under the hot water faucet on top of the sink. And under the sink the hot water faucet is badly rusted(with no leaks) I think this is going to be a fight with the company...

Kitchen sink sprayer leaking from under sink [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen sink sprayer is leaking from underneath my sink. We just replaced the spray head part. Could it be the hose or what else could it be? Thank you!

View more questions Search