Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    04092010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2012, 01:51 PM
    Having 2 wedding ceremonies
    I have 3 daughters 2000 miles away that really want me to get married in their home state so they can be present. This is important to me too. However, also VERY important to me is to be married on the beach, where I live, which is not possible in their state. It's going to be a small ceremony(s), as this is not a first marriage for either one of us. My fiancé said either way, or both. But if I do this, which one would be considered the "official" date. And is there any easy way of doing this? I would like to call the beach my official wedding, but my visit with my girls comes before the beach date could...
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 20, 2012, 01:59 PM
    Your girls are being selfish. Have your small beach wedding. No, you can't have more than one. Keeping it small means far fewer hassles with who will be present, and you can just keep saying 'this is what we want and this is what we are going to do... ' while smiling in a dreamy distant way.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 20, 2012, 02:06 PM
    Maybe your girls can give you a special party/ shower so they can participate. If it is important to you, then do what you wish to do. If you had two ceremonies, the first one would be the official date. Enjoy your wedding, whatever you decide.
    A_2012 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Jul 22, 2012, 08:28 AM
    Maybe your daughters could come to the beach wedding that way they get to be present and you get to have the wedding you are dreaming of.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 08:50 AM
    You can only do one official wedding, you can have another service, but there will be no 2nd marriage license, the minster may do a regular service, but many will just do a blessing of your current marriage.

Your official wedding is the one where you do it first and with a marriage license
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2012, 11:10 AM
    If you are able to afford it, perhaps you could fly your daughters in for your small beach wedding and give them your home while you and your new spouse head off on a honeymoon.

I'm guessing they don't want to miss it and are concerned about the collective expense of coming in for it.

If they can afford to come in on their own, well - they're being silly and you need to teach them that the guests, even close family, do not determine the location!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would it be innopropiate to wear a wedding gown for a court room wedding? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all I am getting married this August and we are just going to the justice of peace. I was wondering if it would be innopropiate to wear a wedding gown for a court room wedding?

How do I phrase the invite when we're having two ceremonies? [ 2 Answers ]

My fiance's family is very religious and insists we have a church wedding in the family church. The ceremony will be in Aramaic and doesn't include vows/kissing the bride, so to have the best of both worlds, we decided we would also have a civil ceremony. The church ceremony will be held on...

Court House Wedding or Back Yard Wedding? [ 18 Answers ]

We are on a limited budget as far as our wedding goes. We want to spend more money on the rings and honeymoon than the wedding. So, we want something intimate and special but small. So these were the two options that we were thinking: 1. A small ceremony in his parent's backyard. There...

Two ceremonies [ 3 Answers ]

I have had to postpone my wedding two years ago and now we have everything in order I wanted to get married as soon as possible. We are planning of going to a destination and get married at my brother's place inviting our kids from previous marriages and only family menbers in that location and...

Wedding ceremonies [ 1 Answers ]

Do wedding ceremonies influence the demand and supply of television program ?

View more questions Search