Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annieonymous Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2012, 12:59 PM
    Should I be concerned my rat gave birth again after 24 hours? About her or the baby?
    My rat gave birth on the 18th to 3 rats but one died. Today on the 20th I woke up at 3pm and instead of the two rats that had lived I found 3. she had given birth again, and no I didn't not notice I had cleaned the cage yesterday and there were definitely only two rats in there. He's a bit smaller and weaker looking then the other two but he appears to be fine is it normal for a mother to give birth again after 24 hours? Should I be worried? About her or/and the baby also?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2012, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by annieonymous View Post
    My rat gave birth on the 18th to 3 rats but one died. Today on the 20th I woke up at 3pm and instead of the two rats that had lived i found 3. she had given birth again, and no i didn't not notice i had cleaned the cage yesterday and there were definetly only two rats in there. hes a bit smaller and weaker looking then the other two but he appears to be fine is it normal for a mother to give birth again after 24 hours? should i be worried? about her or/and the baby also?

Annieonymous, how many times do I have to post the same information before you actually read it?

Here's yet another site: AFRMA - Pet Rats & Mice - General Care

I really think you should stop breeding them until you are more knowledgeable.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 21, 2012, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Annieonymous, how many times do I have to post the same information before you actually read it?

Here's yet another site: AFRMA - Pet Rats & Mice - General Care

I really think you should stop breeding them until you are more knowledgeable.
    Stop that, Judy... you know she is a rat expert, she said so herself in another thread. There is no reason for her to listen to you... she already knows everything about rats.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2012, 05:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Stop that, Judy...you know she is a rat expert, she said so herself in another thread. There is no reason for her to listen to you...she already knows everything about rats.

Right, you are right. She is the rat expert. Whatever was I thinking?

She does know that rats won't fight to the death over a female (a nasty rumor perpetuated by Veterinarians) and she does "give" the babies to pet shops to be fed to snakes. What more is there to know?

Thank you for not giving me a "reddie." I will try my best to shape up.

My laugh of the morning!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dr.I got pregnant when I was 13 and I gave birth when I was 14,my baby was only 7 mon [ 5 Answers ]

Dr.I got pregnant when I was 13 and I gave birth when I was 14,my baby was only 7 months but very healthy,I'm now 18,and my problem is I am not having my menstration for 2 years already,since I gave birth I didn't have a regular menstration,its always lacking or delayed,I also have a boyfriend were...

I gave birth to my baby recently (alone) now the father wants a custody! [ 3 Answers ]

I dated this guy, he told me he has two kids.. and its OK with me because he was separated with the mother of the child and he has the custody of the children. But his paents are taking care of the children not him.. he still acted like a single guy! He never even work for the kids support, he just...

My ex girlfriend is claiming she gave birth but said baby died how do I know for sure [ 3 Answers ]

My ex girlfriend was 22 weeks pregnant when she left and moved back home with her mother 3 hours away. She constantly was calling me about being in a auto wreck flipping car, insecticide poisoning, burst cyst in stomach caused by baby etc. On July 20th she told me she fell down steps at her home...

My boxer gave Birth 48 hours ago [ 2 Answers ]

And she is having a litlle blood discharge is it normal or should I be taking her a vet please help

View more questions Search