Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carolejean22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2012, 12:31 PM
    How to make piano into table
    Can I snip the striings that are attached to the backboard of the piano? I am making a sofa table and have removed the keys but I do not know for sure if I can snip the strings as I read that they have a lot of tension and could be dangerous! I have an Adam Schaaf Chicago upright piano and I want to save the metal backboard that the strings are attached to. I plan to use the metal backboard that hasthe Adam Schaaf name and serial number. Thanks for yourhelp
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 20, 2012, 01:23 PM
    Yes, the wires still retain a lot of tension after years of not being used. You could cause damage to yourself or others by snipping them. I would have a professional piano tuner come in and disclocate those wires.

What a shame that this is happening to an old upright piano with a good name in the piano industry of long ago.

Did you not look around for a dealer to sell it to before disassembling it? It could have been money in your pocket.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I make my dog stop peeing on the table [ 11 Answers ]

He never done this before he would always pee outside and poop outside he still does but now every time that me and my fam would leave him home alone I come home with pee on my dining room table 0_o... its really gross we already replaced it once and he did it again I think he marked his spot and...

How do I make a coffee table look old or stress? [ 1 Answers ]

How do you make a coffee table look old or stress.

Google Document: How to make a table of contents [ 3 Answers ]

I want to use a Google document that will let me put a table of contents with each item linked to the section referred to - and then add a "back to the top" link under each completed section. Just like "anchors" in an html page. Can I do that in a Google Document? I've not found the answer...

View more questions Search