Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BellaRags Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2012, 08:26 AM
    How do I start a blog?
    Are these post a question and answers posted considered blogging? Is blogging public? Is Twitter considered a blog?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 20, 2012, 09:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Blog
    Short for Web log, a blog is a Web page that serves as a publicly accessible personal journal for an individual. Typically updated daily, blogs often reflect the personality of the author.
    What is blog? - A Word Definition From the Webopedia Computer Dictionary

This site isn't a blog.
    There are numerous free blogging platforms available on the net.
    Run a quick Google to have a look.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 20, 2012, 09:27 AM
    Q&A is different from blogging. Blogging is kind of like an online journal. A contraction of Web and Log, a blog is where people post their thoughts and opinions about things or talk about things that happen in their lives. So twitter is like a mini blog.

Jul 20, 2012, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    What is blog? - A Word Definition From the Webopedia Computer Dictionary

This site isn't a blog.
    There are numerous free blogging platforms available on the net.
    Run a quick google to have a look.
    Thank you for being so graciously helpful to what has to be a very basic question. I will do that soon.

Jul 20, 2012, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Q&A is different from blogging. Blogging is kind of like an online journal. A contraction of Web and Log, a blog is where people post their thoughts and opinions about things or talk about things that happen in their lives. So twitter is like a mini blog.
    Perfect answer that helped me understand the difference. I see blogs on business sites so therefore that confused me as to the properness I guess I could say. I have a topic that I have gained insight and would love to publicly state the facts there of one day.
    I hope you have the best day ever!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 20, 2012, 10:05 AM
    I have a blog and post stories about the various adventures of my cats. Shreve Stockton has a blog about her adopted coyote and "Farmily" (HONEY ROCK DAWN) Blogs are free, easy to set up and post on, photos can be added, and blogs can be found and read by millions. Some people have blogs about parenting. There is a blog about cupcakes. Name the subject, and there is probably a blog about it.

A tweet is only up to 140 characters and is very ephemeral, contains very fleeting information -- "I had Cheerios for breakfast and my cat Princess Dido licked up the leftover milk."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How To Start Your Very Own Blog [ 3 Answers ]

How To Start Your Very Own Blog In Fifty-One Easy Steps! Interested in the blogging scene? Confused how to go about setting up your very own blog? Follow these fifty-one easy steps and you'll be a blogger in no time! 1. Find a free blogging service, such as Blogger: Create your Blog Now --...

View more questions Search