Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teenproblemos3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2012, 04:59 AM
    Constant white discharge every day means..
    I'm 16 and have never had sex before ( although I do sometimes masturbate) but every single day I experience thick, white discharge. I normally put a panty liner on but sometimes I put a tampon in to stop in from leaking onto my underwear causing me to feel uncomfortable. I've been experiencing this for a while now. Maybe 2 years. Nothing itches or has a fishy smell and my mum doesn't do anything about the problems I tell her. I don't know what to do and I am to self conscious about even the appearance of my vagina to go see a doctor/gyno about it. Is there any over the counter medications for it?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 20, 2012, 05:34 AM
    The vaginal walls and uterine cervix contain glands that produce a small amount of fluid that helps to keep the vagina clean. This is quite normal and the rule of thumb is if it doesn't have an odor is not coloured, yellow, green or any other colour is perflectly natural. The consistency and amount will increase just before your menstrual cycle and taper off after that. In your case because you are quite young, all of this occurrence is still self adjusting, so rest assured it will not be like this forever but something you will have to put up with until that happens.
    teenproblemos3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2012, 04:56 PM
    Will going on birth control help stop this from occurring?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 11, 2012, 05:19 PM
    Why would you wait so long to come back on and reply. No, going on birth control will not stop this, it is natural before ovulation. But it will lessen as you get older.
    8track Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Nov 12, 2012, 02:06 PM
    It's your body's way of filtering itself and is totally normal. Think of how your skin sheds, your hair sheds. This is the inside of your body doing the same thing in the form of mucous.

What is normal is to have a kind of white or clear "crust" on your underwear. When I was a teenager I found this alarming and shameful as nobody explained that this is normal. When you ovulate, it will be a consistency of egg whites and stretchy. Sometimes it can be quite watery, sometimes there will be less of and it will fluctuate through out the month.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period, mild cramping, white discharge, negative test, small dark discharge (1X) [ 8 Answers ]

No signs of pregnancy except for missed period... I think. I have a weird cycle; it moves all around the month. I only think it's late because I remember I had it during a big event. Took two tests Saturday and Monday. Chugged water before hand on the first. The second was late Saturday night...

Constant white discharge dries yellow [ 0 Answers ]

I have a constant yellowish discharge and have had every test possible/medication! Not an std and has no odor?? What should I do?

What is the reason for white discharge? What age white discharge for a girl [ 0 Answers ]

My daughter 7 year old gets white discharge I'm worried

A lot of discharge means.. [ 1 Answers ]

I still haven't had my period yet, but my doctor said I really should have gotten it by now, so he doesn't know why. Instead of actual bleeding I've been having a lot of that discharge stuff. Occasionally I have little spotting of blood here and there but I'm literally having to throw out some of...

Constant creamy discharge [ 0 Answers ]

For a good while I have been getting white creamy discharge. I can't understand why? I'm thinking every female gets it but it seems mines us continuous. What could this be? I'm certain its not a yeast infection. If this helps I've had unprotected sex in the past a couple times and my boyfriend came...

View more questions Search