Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adrianne4 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2012, 11:54 PM
    Health problem - warehouse work , I need advice please
    I would like advice about the labor law, working as a picker in a warehouse, lift heavy things, soon I go to surgery for thyroid, I had 12 weeks support plan, but not my company don't want supporting me more, I have long been waiting for occupational health advisor, who will decide on What percentage I will work. My manager told me definitely decide on the occup. Advisor of the least 85percent, but people have problems work on performance in our warehouse, the manager threatened me even without witnesses from warehouse may cancel my contract even though I'm still not Occupational Health Advisor. Can my company do that? I have never had the absence, stage. Iwork slower but I'm trying, despite my health problems. I am afraid of if I come to work after surgery, to be released from work whatsoever on my health. I work full time . Thank you
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 20, 2012, 02:02 AM
    Aside from what company policy is, and not discriminating based on that policy, there is no law that requires a company to keep you if you are not physically able to do the job. The exception would be if you had been hired as a disabled worker from the beginning.
    Most warehouse picking jobs are very hard work with strict rules about breaks and even going to the bathroom, so don't you want to find a desk job, like perhaps a customer service rep?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 20, 2012, 02:10 AM
    Are you a member of a union?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 20, 2012, 06:56 AM
    First by the wording, I would say this is not the US. We need to know where it is for a proper answer

Jul 20, 2012, 11:35 AM
    I live in the UK.

Jul 20, 2012, 11:36 AM
    I am member www.unitetheunion.org

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advice regarding health [ 1 Answers ]

My weight is minimum 51 kg and age 46,but I want to drink lemon and honey in morning so ,Is this OK for underweight people also suggest can we drink in winter season also, Please suggest, Thank you.

Need advice; Sexual Health [ 2 Answers ]

I am 20 years old and have been sexually active for about 6 months now with one partner. For the last month or so I have been getting sore during and after sex. I believe it is due to a lot of friction since we have sex pretty frequently. It burns and stings just below the opening and even feels...

Health worries. Advice please! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am worried about my health a little, it is probably nothing but I just would like some advice. I'm not underweight (170cm, 61kgs & female) but I do follow a strict diet and aim to not eat more than 500 calories a day, and the calories I eat have to be good calories (as in fruit and veg#. A...

View more questions Search