Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xvsanchez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2012, 08:00 PM
    Can welfare pay for your rent
    Hi I'm wondering since I don't make enough money and my girlfriend has cancer is there anything out there the can help us, I have insurance tru my work, can she still get medical, can other program help us financially?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 19, 2012, 08:21 PM
    Most areas of the us has something called "section 8' that can help with housing, there is often a waiting list and you have to live or move into an apartment that is qualified under it.
    In most places if you marry they can be added to your health insurance at work, ( not all places allow that) but you will often have to pay their part of it, ( that can be several hundred dollars)

If you have not, you can make an appointment with a case worker to see what welfare you may qualify for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you have to pay child support if you are on welfare? [ 3 Answers ]

I am on welfare and was taking to court for child support for my two sons and was told by the judge to pay 25$ a month and I just had a baby and the baby and my boyfriend will be added to my case can I be forced to pay that out of my cash assistance

Does welfare pay your rent? [ 1 Answers ]

If I'm one month behind & have most of the money I need will welfare pay da rest

Does welfare pay your rent? [ 1 Answers ]

If you are unable to pay past rent and owe back rent applying for welfare assistance. Does welfare pay your rent to live at current residence?

Would Welfare Pay For a DNA test [ 8 Answers ]

I was just wondering if welfare would pay for a dna test because the father of my child which I know 100% that he is the father denies my daughter and won't pay me child support because of it.He won't pay for the DNA test either and I simply can not afford it. Would the courts pay for it?

Having to pay for welfare [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, I will try and make this simple... Man gets woman pregnant, NOT married! Man pays child support, in fact has it taken from his work payroll. W.T. woman refuses to work, goes on welfare, D.E.S decides the man should pay the state back for the welfare and tacks it on to the child support total....

View more questions Search