Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    viking3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2012, 07:48 PM
    Anthem insurance company double coverage
    My husband acquired Anthem insurance through his new employer. Our previous independent insurance coverage was with Anthem as well. Our insurance broker agent instructed us to submit a letter of cancellation for our previous policy to him. My husband did just that. However, Anthem continued withdrawing funds from our bank account for 5 months regardless of our efforts through the broker. He said that each month he spoke with Anthem and it was taken care of. We have had no success with Anthem to get a refund except for last month when we contacted them personally. We have also now had no communication from our broker. Any helpful advice is appreciated on what action I should take from here on holding the right party accountable and getting my refund. I have considered law suit because it has truly caused financial hardship for us due to outstanding medical bills that were denied coverage. (Ironic isn't it? )
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 19, 2012, 08:27 PM
    Why after first month and for sure after second, did you not change the bank account to stop payments from going out ? You do have some obligation to fix things if you have to.

But yes, if you can prove you cancelled it, you may sue, You may try going to the Department of Insurance and filing a complaint,

If you told the agent, you include the agent in the law suit,
    viking3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2012, 06:56 AM
    Thank you! You are right I should have tried to stop it through my bank. However, I was not fully aware of the situation until the last month.
    I appreciate your reply!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Double medical insurance coverage [ 7 Answers ]

Is it illegal to have double coverage medical insurance. For example; can one person have two Kaiser plans so they don't have to pay any copays?

Health insurance double coverage [ 2 Answers ]

My spouse and I are covered by my Federal Health Insurance (Blue Cross). She is also additionally covered by AARP, United Health Care - some of her health care providers do not accept Blue Cross. Blue Cross has just notified me that they will not pay any more claims for her until I provide them...

On July 1, 2005, Beyonce Company paid $1,800 for six months of insurance coverage. No [ 1 Answers ]

On July 1, 2005, Beyonce Company paid $1,800 for six months of insurance coverage. No adjustments Have been made to the Prepaid Insurance account, and it is now December 31, 2005. Prepare the journal entry to reflect expiration of the insurance as of December 31, 2005.

Double coverage [ 1 Answers ]

I have job inserance for my two kids and I , and my Ex wife has med-i-cal for them to can she do that

Insurance Coverage [ 1 Answers ]

I came to US on L1 visa for initially 4 month in Jan-09. During the Jan-Feb I sign for Medical Benefit Plan (United Health Care - Consumer Plan) for myself only. Now my company is telling me to stay in US for long term (1 year). Company is allowing me to call my family (spouse & daughter) on L2...

View more questions Search