Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fiorellino Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 10:18 PM
    Cigarette smell?
    This evening my mother and I were watching a DVD in her bedroom. I got up to go into the kitchen for a glass of water and as I did noticed a distinct smell of cigarette smoke in the room. Neither one of us smokes, and we live in the country with no other neighbors nearby.

I asked my mother to stand in the same spot to see if she could smell it too and she could.

Just to be sure, I walked out of the room and came back in. I stood in the same place, and again smelled the faint odor of cigarette smoke.

No one has ever lived in this house but my family as it was built for us. The only person we could think of who had smoked with a relationship to our home was our uncle who had lived with my mother for 10 years and died about five years ago.

Is it possible that what we experienced may have been a "ghostly presence"? I don't know much about these things, and not sure if I believe in the paranormal or not. However, I don't have any other explanation.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2007, 10:30 PM
    Honestly, when people try to communicate from the other side or even from a distance. Many people link smell to emotions of somebody. Your uncle or even somebody else could very well be watching over you, or sending a message.

Now to have a bit of balance here, are you sure the smoke smell was not something else? Anything electrical, this is something to check into as well just to be on the safe side.

Hope this helps.

Joe
    krissymarie Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Feb 19, 2008, 05:53 AM
    Scientifically, smell is the strongest sense tied to memory. It mat very well be your uncle trying to contact you. Or maybe he is just "trying to come home". He lived there for a long time and has a deep connection to the house. It was his las home before her died.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foul smell in front entrance to home-onion smell [ 6 Answers ]

A really weird smell, like rotten onions, quite embarrassing because my home is kept spotless everyone comments on the smell right when they walk into the house. There is a shower stall in a bedroom above this entrance but we have snaked it and poured drain cleansers down it and also stopped using...

Cigarette lighter removal in ford focus [ 1 Answers ]

What is the easiest way to remove a cigarette lighter in a 2005 ford focus?

State of Mich. Treasury placed lien on SSD for Cigarette Tax! [ 4 Answers ]

I was notified approximately a year ago that I owed approximately 250.00 in tax, due to my purchasing cigarettes online. The taxes in MIchigan on them are astronomical.. and being a single Mom, permanently disabled and with only SSD as income, you try to save every penny you can! I know...

1997 Honda Accord Cigarette Lighter woes [ 0 Answers ]

Ok - a cigarette lighter replacement I should be able to handle, right? Maybe not. I cannot seem to get "behind" the plastic shroud to gain access to the guts of the cigarette lighter housing. Can someone give me instructions or a "guide" or a "drawing" which shows how to get to it? The replacement...

'91 Honda Civic - Cigarette Lighter Install? [ 0 Answers ]

I need to install a cigarette lighter in my '91 Civic. I would like to solicit advice from someone knowledgeable in this area on how to do this myself. I can't imagine it's too difficult. Please give details (e.g. Wires, terminators to look for. Thank you. John

View more questions Search