Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slsweat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2012, 05:14 PM
    60-day advance notice for lease termination
    Hello,

My lease has a clause which requires 60-day written notice to leave even if the lease expired as of a certain date. Appears the lease assumes an automatic renewal at a month-to-month rate which is rather exorbitant compared to regular lease rates.

What recourse do I have if management failed to contact me to discuss possible renewal after I learned of rate increases? Am I obliged to pay the full rent amount past the lease expiration date if my notice after 60-day deadline? In short, this would imply that I would pay an additional 1 1/2 months of rent after moving out.

Please e-mail all responses to the following e-mail address : [email protected]

Thanks for any insight you might provide.

Cordially,
    Sean

Check out some similar questions!

Do we need a termination notice for fixed term lease? [ 0 Answers ]

I had a Lease from from 8-Aug-09 to 31-Aug-10 with 60 day notice period for termination of lease ( in Connecticut). I gave notice on 13-Jul-10(47days),but my landlord is saying that I did not give 60days notice so he is withholding securitydeposit as Sep-2010 rent (For the month which I have not...

KY Lease Termination Notice for job relocation? [ 1 Answers ]

In KY, we are relocating to HI for a new job and our current lease offers no buyout option. The original lease offered a buyout but the new owner did not include one or indicate that the termas had substantially changed when the new lease was signed

60 Day Notice While Still IN Lease [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in a 12 month lease at my apartment complex. They notified me that they were going to raise my rent from $812 to $975 if I re-signed a lease with them and if I went month-to-month it's going to go up to $1075. They gave me that notice around August 28 and my lease termination date is September...

Breaking a one year lease with early termination fee - 30 days notice required? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I moved into a new apartment in Downey last May with a friend of mine. After a couple of months, I notice that my friend has been stealing from me. I asked her to move out and now I have to break my lease for safety reasons. I signed a one year lease (my friend luckily is just an occupant)...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.