Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aminjares1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2012, 12:45 PM
    How much time do salaried employees get compensated for working over 40 hours?
    I am a salareid employee working for a non-profit and my work week is Monday - Friday. We have a special week long event coming up that we are now required to work at and one of the days I'm reqired to work is on a Saturday which I normally have off. They are only compensating me half a day. Is there anything I can do?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 19, 2012, 12:50 PM
    As a salaried employee you are not paid by the hour, so officially there is no recourse. I am surprised that they are compensating you for half a day, as most employers wouldn't do that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it legal to change full-time employees into part-time employees? [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to know how legal could be changing emplyees' schedulles without notice them before. I was working 40 hours each week since I started in my present job. They have been decreasing the number of hours for some employees. At this moment I'm working 32 hours each week, with 3 days off....

Salaried employee works 2 hours, do I get paid for 8 hours? [ 5 Answers ]

If I'm a salaried employee, and work 2 hours in the office one day, then go home sick, does my employer have to pay me for 8 hours?

What are the NJ laws fir salaried employees. I don't get more $ for extra hours, OK, [ 5 Answers ]

What are the NJ laws for salaried employeesbut if I only worked 9 days out of 10 but still put in 78.5 hrs total my boss takes a PTO day. Can she do that?

Salaried employees [ 3 Answers ]

What are the rules and regulations of putting someone on salary?

Time off for salaried employees [ 1 Answers ]

Our company provides two weeks paid vacation a year. We have no sick time. Can a salaried person take additional days off and get paid? How frequently?

View more questions Search