Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jl91509 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2012, 10:24 AM
    Misdiagnosed Miscarriage @ 5 w 3 days, Now possible Twins @ 11 w and 5 days?
    I was misdiagnosed at 5 weeks and 3 days by two ER doctors, they told me that there was no baby, only an empty sac and because they could not see a fetal pole or heart beat on the transvaginal or regular ultrasound that I would miscarry.

They told me I had no chance, that it was not possible that I may be too early to see the baby and because I had high HCG levels and "they should be able to see something" I was heart broken, my first baby after trying for 3 years with PCOS and I was going to miscarry? The doctors sent me home with D & C medication to take the following day, I went home thinking how was this possible?

I was not having any symptoms of miscarriage, no cramping, spotting, discharge, or bleeding at all. So WHY?? I thought about it until I finally fell asleep crying, I woke up the next morning, and for some reason I decided I did not want to take that medicine, I refused. I instead did some research online, to discover that I did have a choice!

I could wait it out and see, wait for my body to miscarry on its own without the medication if that was indeed what was going to happen. And so that's exactly what I did, I also decided to get a second opinion. So I made an apt. with an OBGYN and went to see him about 1 week later, at that visit I was told without ultrasound that everything seemed fine, they did a pelvic exam and took blood work which both returned more positive news, everything looked great, high HCG levels, no diseases, no reason to worry.

I was told to return at 10 weeks and 3 days. I returned and again still no reason to worry, everything was going great! I went through a glucose test, and now I have an apt for 14 weeks and 3 days for my first official ultrasound at my OBGYN's. Today I am 11 weeks and 5 days, I recorded a couple video's over the last few days from the fetal heart monitor I ordered, so I could finally hear my baby's heart beat.

To my surprise, me and my fiancé may have heard two! So now instead of waiting to find out if I will miscarry I know everything is all right, and now I'm waiting to find out Aug 7th 2012 if I am having twins. <3 I will include a couple links to hear the video's for yourself, please let me know what you hear, I would love to hear others' opinions on what I have went through and what you believe.

One video I only captured one strong fetal heartbeat for 1min and 3 sec. and the other, me and my fiancé were in shock when we heard, what we believe may be two fetal heartbeats @ 57 sec. into the 1min and 32 sec video.

Possible TWINS?! <3
    7-16-12 Possible Twins??! - YouTube

Single Strong Fetal Heartbeat! <3
    7-18-12 One strong Baby&#39;s Heart beat heard today!! :D - YouTube

Jul 19, 2012, 10:31 AM
    This was taken @ 11 Weeks <3
    Attached Images

Jul 22, 2012, 12:32 PM
    12 Weeks <3

http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n634/jl91509/?action=view&current=100_0940.jpg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a early miscarriage be misdiagnosed? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My husband & myself have been trying to conceive for many years-without success. We stopped using birth control in 2006 when I began grad school for my masters degree, in 2008 or 2009 I was diagnosed with ovarian cysts. Eventually I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis.They did do a pelvic...

Threatened miscarriage or misdiagnosed miscarriage? [ 3 Answers ]

I've just recently found out I was pregnant, my period was NOT late yet, but I had light spotting and had high hopes so I took a cheap hpt and it showed up positive(My LMP was 10/20/08). The following day I went to the woman's clinic, I was confirmed pregnant. My OBGYN sent me to a lab for blood...

Can I be pregnant 19 days after a miscarriage? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I be pregnant 19 days after a miscarriage?

Miscarriage at 4 weeks, and 2 days? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Courtney Lee. My fiancé and I think I am pregnant... Well during the past 4 weeks, I've had some headaches, backaches, dizzy spells (with no vomiting), frequent urination, my breasts have gotten bigger and more sensitive to the touch, and fatigue... Late last night (3/12/10),...

View more questions Search