Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aadachi Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Jul 18, 2012, 10:10 PM
    Pennies?
    It might sound strange, but I need an answer about what it means to find pennies.

I'm curious because for the past 8 years (roughly), I've had pennies fall from the middle of the ceiling in front of me and pennies thrown at me from something invisible (one time to the point of bouncing off me and denting a metal chair!).

You're probably thinking, "Why don't you just forget about it and move?"

The problem is that I HAVE moved, about 8 times since then. When I move to a new house, I see in the middle of the front doorway, a coin (sometimes a penny, but in most cases a larger coin). Then, in the bedroom I sleep in (only there), in the closet there will be either one penny or a small neat pile of pennies.

In one of my houses, I was receiving pennies in the same spot every single day for the first 2 weeks I was there!

I understand that receiving coins isn't the worst possible thing that could happen, but it does make me paranoid at the fact that it follows me and I have no clue what the heck it even means. Like, is it good or bad? Why does it happen most after I've moved? Why does it happen at all? What do coins/pennies symbolize?

I used to try to think nothing of it, then tried brushing it off, but after 8 years of pattern and unexplained pennies, I am very curious! It doesn't feel threatening, yet my stomach turns when coins just drop from out of the blue.

The reason I am asking this now is because I just moved again, this time completely out of the U.S. and it happened again in the same way!

Although I realize there is plenty of room for people to jest or judge about this...

Please, only serious comments

-- Thanks
    Gamed Posts: 269, Reputation: 29

Jul 18, 2012, 10:34 PM
    Well people were I'm from say when they find a penny its gods way of saying he's blessing you with a lucky day. Sounds like you're the luckiest man on earth. If you think its spirits talking to you ask then for 100 dollar bills if no response then your just lucky.

I wrote this with a straight face so it is a serious answer. (giggle)

Jul 18, 2012, 10:36 PM
    Additional Notes:

It also happens when I get sad/mad/stressed. When that happens, I see a penny in an unusual spot (such as the back of the toilet, sitting on the bathtub, right in the middle of the floor or doorway...) where I previously walked past and saw no penny.

Also, when this first started happening, my grandmother was a witness to it. The time I was hit with the penny and it bounced off and dented her metal chair, she ran into the room because she thought it sounded like a gun and wanted to make sure I was ok. I had a welt from where the penny hit me that stayed on me for a couple of days. This was by far the hardest one has been thrown at me.

The second time, as my grandmother and I were talking about this instance, and she was questioning me saying that maybe the penny just fell from my pocket or was some other natural cause, it happened again. As I got up in frustration to tell her I wasn't lying, a penny bounced off my arm and another one off my hip.

Jul 18, 2012, 10:40 PM
    Thank you Gamed. I knew my post probably would get some giggles, but I am glad you were able to give me some info about this.. . By the way, I already wondered about the $100 but it never gives bills! Just pennies and sometimes larger coins. :P
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jul 19, 2012, 01:23 PM
    Odd... but not impossible. The spirit world is open to many spiritual manifestations... and I have no problem with this being a possibility. If it were me I would speak directly to the spirit and tell it to stop. I do not think this is an omen of any type or holds any kind of meaning. I think, if it is real, that it is just a spirit trying to get your attention. Be careful with it.

Jul 22, 2012, 06:54 AM
    Hauntinghelper - Thank you for your reply. I will try what you've said to do. Your profile says that you are an expert, so I'll ask you: Why would a spirit, if it is one, follow a person? Before this started happening, I assumed that spirits "haunted" places, not people.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 09:04 AM
    What kind of pennies are they? What are the dates like? Are they shiny new or dark older ones?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 22, 2012, 09:15 AM
    The moving of coins and the disappearance and appearance of coins is common in paranormal things. More often your own coins are moved around. But things with coins are often reported.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jul 22, 2012, 04:45 PM
    Frchuck is right... it is not uncommon for coins to move/disappear.

Spirits do haunt people just like they do buildings... infact they prefer people over buildings. There are many reasons that a spirit can attach to a person. It can range from involvement in the occult a generational curse.

Jul 23, 2012, 01:44 AM
    Califdadof3 - I never thought to check the dates. I didn't think to notice if they were old or new pennies either. Next time it happens, I will make sure to check. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding pennies [ 15 Answers ]

Hi I hope I'm asking in the right category Years ago someone told me if you threw your extra pennies around in your house (under beds, couchs, dressers, corners etc) thst you would always have money. I did this every home I lived in for the past 20some years Wellabout a year ago or so I quit...

Wheat Pennies [ 3 Answers ]

How much is a 1940 wheat penny worth?

Blank pennies [ 3 Answers ]

I'm wondering if anyone knows if blank pennies have any value. In the last month I have stumbled across 3 of them.. They are just pennies that were not stamped on either side. I think it's weird that I've never seen this my entire life and now I have 3 with in the last month... Pennies from...

View more questions Search