Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mysticgurl89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 08:16 PM
    My exboyfriendīs new girlfriend.
    Well, I have this love problem....you see, Iīm 17, almost 18 in a month and about a year ago I broke up with my boyfriend because I didnīt like him anymore. The thing is, on Valentimeīs day this year he asked another girl to be his girlfriend and she accpeted! He is in my class and I hate to see him with that girl.....I donīt know why.. is it because I really love him? or is it beacuase I am selfish and all? I want to know if he still loves me. But I really donīt know if Iīd be his girlfriend again if he asked me, I am confused :( What am i feeling? Thanks everybody and please respond :)
    SBowman Posts: 71, Reputation: 6

Mar 3, 2007, 08:44 PM
    I'm going to be honest and say yes. You are being selfish.

Right now from your story you are feeling jealousy not because you lack your boyfriend's love, but the feeling of being loved. You are not in love with your boyfriend, but the comfort being in love with him brings. By interfering you will hurt not only him (as it appears you aren't certain on your decisions right now), but possibly the girl he asked out.

You had your chance.
    1992DodgeSpirit Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Mar 5, 2007, 09:45 PM
    Have you ever notice every answer here sounds like Jerry Springers Final Thought... I don't believe its being jealous or selfish, its just that you thought you love him but what is it about him that you love, his looks... looks aren't everything, if he can't find love in you then forget him, he isn't worth it, pick yourself up and more on... for now take care of yourself, and each other
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2007, 09:58 PM
    I think its normal.

Don't get down on yourself... and even if its selfish... being selfish isn't always bad, you know.

I have had four major loves in my life. I'm 35. I'm married now 7 years to a great woman. The thought of any of my previous gf's with another guy, now, isn't a bad thing. In fact, I hope they all are happy... even the crash and burn relationships.

But... had you asked me within one year after breaking up, would it bug me to see them with another, or would I wonder if they still liked me... id say yes. It is normal.

Even if you are the one who broke up, you still had a connection... and you wonder if that relationship is better for a number of reasons... its an introspective thing to some degree.

Now, if one is obsessed about it... not healthy. But I don't think you are experiencing anything abnormal. Just don't act out on it. He or she doesn't deserve any flak, especially her... but you don't have to feel guilty at all.

Normal in my experience. It fades in time.
    babyfreak91 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2007, 08:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticgurl89
    Well, I have this love problem....you see, Iīm 17, almost 18 in a month and about a year ago I broke up with my boyfriend because I didnīt like him anymore. The thing is, on Valentimeīs day this year he asked another girl to be his girlfriend and she accpeted! He is in my class and I hate to see him with that girl.....I donīt know why.. is it because I really love him? or is it beacuase I am selfish and all? I want to know if he still loves me. But I really donīt know if Iīd be his girlfriend again if he asked me, I am confused :( What am i feeling? Thanks everybody and please respond :)
    U really misz him.. an your kind of jelousz hez paying attention towardsz hisz new grl than u. u just don't want to v them happy no more... because you want him 4urself. In conclusion... it looksz like you still got feelingsz 4him
    Lolitah_xx Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Jul 9, 2007, 08:51 PM
    No you isn't beinq selfish! Its natural to feel that way because I feel the same about my ex... I don't want him but I don't want to see him happy with sum1 else... its just female nature
    watdoidonow Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2007, 11:25 PM
    I say you are probably just lonely and want him to be the same. But the only advice I can really give here is just to try to ignore them and find someone new. I highly doubt you love him if you don't want to be with him you are probably just jealous which is a completely normal emotion which probably 9 out of 10 people experience.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Imagining my exboyfriend w/other girls [ 1 Answers ]

My exboyfriend and I broke up about 3 years ago, I moved out of State. We also have a son together, and the last two times we've seen each other, I've convinced him to have sex. He says is not a good idea, because he doesn't want me to get "hurt", but we end up doing it anyway. My problem is...

My exboyfriend. [ 11 Answers ]

I miss my exboyfriend who I broke up with three weeks ago. I want him back but when I talk to him about it he's like we're better off friends. But all my friends tell me how he misses me and he recently admitted that he does. But he constantly hangs around women and all over them and stuff when I'm...

Girlfriend help [ 8 Answers ]

Hey everyone. I've been looking around online and came across this site and I need advice so I figured it was worth asking. I've been with my girlfriend for 10 months now and we've been getting along pretty good. Before that I had been coming out of a bad breakup so I had my guard up and really...

Get back my exboyfriend to me.. [ 7 Answers ]

Well , now where do I start... There's like so much to say.. well I really need some help regarding the relationship with my exboyfriend.. cause I still do not understand what happened, what went wrong, and what to do now... Here goes the story - Well, my ex-boyfriend(yikes! It still hurts to...

Miss my exboyfriend [ 9 Answers ]

I was with my boyfriend for 10 years and throughout the past 4 years I have been wanting to move on and get married with him. He would tell me that one day we will but at that time, he had a lot of responsibilities such as his job (that was stressing him) and taking care of his family (his mother...

View more questions Search