Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mfugate Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2012, 06:09 PM
    Salaried Employee Rules
    If you are a salary employee and they ask you to step down, can they take your rate of pay down as well?
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2012, 06:58 PM
    Unless you have a contract stating otherwise or you are a union member, they can pay you whatever they want as long as it conforms to legal minimums.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salaried employee rules laws [ 1 Answers ]

My wife is a salaried employee at her company and I've always been union. She was included in the OT category for a short time so they changed her title to (get more free work out of her and avoid paying OT). ~~~ She works 5 days a week, 8-9 hrs a day and then they can force her to work one or...

Salaried Employee [ 2 Answers ]

I am a Manager am salaried, I started on in January took a pre-scheduled vacation at the end of "January." I also work 75 hours a "week." My employer paid me my regular salary for the next two pay "periods." On the third pay period he decided to dock me for 5 "days." I had worked 40 hours on the...

NYS Salaried Employee Rules [ 7 Answers ]

I have worked as an accounting mgr for 2.5 years at a small construction company. I was hired to work from 8-4 and I get a 1 hour lunch break. I was just told that I cannot go home at 5... I need to stay until everything I need to do that day is done... My boss actually told me that this is what...

Salaried employee [ 1 Answers ]

I accepted a salaried position with a six day work week. Although I am employed by the same owner as other managers, I am the only Manager working at a retail store. The other Managers work in the Corporate Office, unrelated to my position. All Managers are required to work 6 days but...

View more questions Search