Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justinnutting57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2012, 09:34 AM
    Civil rights
    My boyfriend was charged with attempted rape in Washington when he was 14 years old. He took a plea that he did one week in juvinile dettention center and had to register for 5 years as a sex offender. He is now 35 and in jail for failure to register. He has nothing on his adult record other than failure to register and a coiple driving without a license. The court is also trying to say he was charged with rape in first degree which is not true. The court offered him his first plea for 33-50 months. Now I'm not sure but this seems obsurd to me. His pd is not doing a thing to help him he told me he was just to busy. What should we do is this legal to throw a man in prison for something he did as a minor who has never repeat offended
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2012, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justinnutting57 View Post
    What should we do is this legal to throw a man in prison for something he did as a minor who has never repeat offended
    Hello j:

Whether it's legal is YET to be determined... But, that doesn't stop prosecutors from trying to throw everybody in jail.. It winds up being your husbands job to prevent them.. Yes, YOUR HUSBAND is in charge of his defense - NOT his lawyer.. After all, his lawyer isn't going to do the time...

Having said that, your husband needs to take up his responsibility and MANAGE his case... The FIRST thing he needs to do is get control of the PD. You say he does nothing. Ok, then have your husband write him a letter FIRING him for doing nothing.. He should cite one example of his doing NOTHING. That's all. He should send his letter certified, return receipt requested, and send a copy to the judge and to the prosecutor.

No, they're NOT going to like it much... So? The judge WILL appoint a new attorney who will PROBABLY give your husband more attention since he's going to KNOW why he's being appointed...

Then the job is simply dredging up the record from the juvenile court and show that he wasn't required to register after 5 years... That SHOULD be enough to get him released... But, I'll bet they'll come up with some OTHER BS in order to keep him in.. They're like that..

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Civil rights my rights was not read the put me in lock up and then booked me. [ 10 Answers ]

I was arested for domestic and dui did'nt case's but on both I was not told my rights about being slient. I even asked for a lawyer but I was told I was'nt under arrest so I did not need one then they laughed. I blew once but the cop instised on taking me to police station to blow again I...

Possible civil rights violations. [ 1 Answers ]

I just previousy asked about conerrns about my public defender, My next question Is, My case was overturned by the supreme court on 03-04-09 of this year. However: I did not get transferred back to the county jail until 06-26-09. I was held In prison without coviction or sentence for 100 days,...

Civil rights [ 1 Answers ]

If someone attends an arraignment, does not go before the judge, is not read charges, does not get to enter a plea and is just labeled as guilty, is it a violation of rights?

Civil rights? [ 4 Answers ]

Barack Obama administration seeks to change police questioning law The Obama administration is urging the US Supreme Court to overturn a landmark decision that stops police from questioning suspects unless they have a lawyer present. Wow, if Bush had done this it would have been the lead...

Civil Rights Restoration [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how I can have my civil rights restored to include gun ownership for a fraud felony (probation... never served jail/prison time) conviction in the state of California that was expunged in 1980. I moved from the state in 1990, I have not committed any other offenses. I have a...

View more questions Search