Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Luuuuuuuucy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2012, 02:42 AM
    How and where to set up boundaries?
    We've been together for a year and half and been living together for almost a year. I met him 2 years ago while he was separating from his ex. We first became great friends before we got together and I also helped him to get through the hard times after their separation.
    He's got two lovely 26 months old twin boys with his ex who were introduced to more then a year ago. Since then we've been hanging together 2 or 3 times a week and got close.
    My partner and his ex rarely did things together with the kids as they didn't get on well.
    But lately she started initiating activities for them to do together.
    I'd love my partner to spend as much time as he wants with his kids as he loves them and they love him to but I feel left out as I got attached to them to and I consider them as my "family" and it hurts when they do things together without me.
    His ex doesn't want to meet me. We bumped into each other couple of times and she was always very polite to me. But at the same time she doesn't want me to be even waiting in the car while my partner picks up the kids.
    I also recently saw a phone message from her saying something about them going together to Disneyland and my partner replied that it would be awesome.
    My partner gets easily stressed so it's hard for me to talk with him about these things. He always says that his ex would go crazy if he did this or didn't do that. Which I had respect for at the start because of the children involved to but I'm now losing it.
    I should probably also mention that I had an abortion when I got pregnant after we had been together for 9 months because it wasn't "the right time" and I'm still heartbroken.
    My partner is a great guy and we recently went overseas together to meet my family.
    But I can't get rid of this feeling that there's something wrong.

Check out some similar questions!

Boundaries of an ecosystem [ 0 Answers ]

I have to describe the boundaries of an ecosystem of my choice. I am from New Mexico but there is a park in the city I live that has a duck pond. There are water fountains in the pond which is lined with concrete. The park itself also includes playground areas with swing sets and other things of...

Right of way and boundaries [ 8 Answers ]

How can I find out if there was ever a fence between the front paths of my neighbour and I? The house was built in 1870

What are the characteristics and boundaries of the ecosystems? [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to understand what the characteristics and boundaries are of the ecosystem, So I can compare them to the ecosystem where I live. Please help!

Boundaries for parents [ 7 Answers ]

I am a 19 year old student who previously (due to some trials and tribulations) lived on my own. For about a year I moved on my own and rented a basement myself, paying for food, etc. I worked three jobs and was in school full- time. My partner was 10 years my senior and was my first relationship....

Boundaries and Co-dependence [ 8 Answers ]

My younger sister just moved into town. Her daughter is a single mother with two small children. Her daughter just found a job that requires her to work weekends, her daughter relies on her as the primary babysitter - even if she has to ask her at the last minute or if someone changes their plans...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.