Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    isteyak ahmad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2012, 08:00 AM
    Is about 90% indian muslim are converted from low caste of hindu?
    Assalamu alikum
    Sir one of my friend told me that about 90% indian muslim are converted from low cast of hindu religiion. It is true or false.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 17, 2012, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by isteyak ahmad View Post
    Assalamu alikum
    sir one of my friend told me that about 90% indian muslim are converted from low cast of hindu religiion. it is true or false.
    Doubt there is any real records, it is a assumption and a action many where a certain class of people are taught to be something. Ask him to show you any proof of this from a real religious web site.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2012, 03:04 PM
    Waalaikumsalaam

I am with Fr_chuck on this. I doubt there are any real proof, on either side.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 17, 2012, 03:09 PM
    It is like saying that most Southern Baptist come from lower income families, Do I think so, yes, is there any proof, no.

Are most Lutherans of German decent ? That was what I was taught, is it true??
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2012, 03:42 PM
    Lol I was taught that all Hispanics were drinkers. That's not true at all :P
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 19, 2012, 01:01 PM
    It's interesting that there is a very strong record of Christian conversion in India among the Dalits (traditionally regarded as "untouchables"). Despite efforts by the Indian government to better integrate the Dalits and other lower castes into mainstream Indian life and position in government there is still a tremendous amount of discrimenation and repression. So it woudn't surprise me if it turned out that most converts from Hinduism to Islam or Christianity were inded from the lower castes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    It is like saying that most Southern Baptist come from lower income families
    Don't confuse the caste system with income brackets as we know it in the US - the various tiers of social hierarchy as defined by castes is very different and much more rigid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converted muslim [ 1 Answers ]

Aslmwlkum, I am a converted muslim and I loves lsam by heart and following islam since last 10 years with Roza and Namaz,my parents don't have any problem,they are hindu Brahmin by cast but they wants when they died their funeral with hindu rules (like chita jalana) by me because I am the only...

How the brahmin marriage will happen if a girl is from different hindu caste? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Can you please help me out. My friend,she is a non-brahmin loves a tamil brahmin guy. Every thing is fine until now(up to marriage),but the problem arises during the thaara vaarthu(girl's father will give his daughter from his family to guy's family)(Gothrams will be changed for the girl)...

A converted muslim boy can marry a muslim girl from konkan [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am a converted muslim boy Changed Name to Sahil, I want to marry a muslim girl from Konkan India, But her parents is not accepting it as my Father is not muslim, My family requested them that I will be praticing Islam for all my life and my kids will be Muslim too. But than too girl's Mother...

Can a Hindu girl marry a Christian without getting converted in a church? [ 22 Answers ]

Hi I know that this is going to be a little long question. But I want get all my doubts clarified ASAP. Plzzzzzz help! I am a Hindu girl and I'm planning to marry a christian guy. After years of struggle, we have finally convinced our parents and they are now ready to c us married. The main...

View more questions Search