Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2007, 01:45 PM
    Total Eclipse of The Moon Tonight
    "The moon will turn shades of amber and crimson tonight as it passes behind the Earth's shadow in the first total lunar eclipse in three years.", says AOL news.
    I hope I have a clear Sky tonight... I'd love to see this...

Kae
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2007, 02:09 PM
    Be interesting if we could find estimated times it was really clear hear earlier no idea what its like now mind you I'm going to get off my butt and go look :D
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Well, it is supposed to be sometime between 6 and 8 p.m. here US EST. I think there is 5 hour time difference. I heard about the eclipse and was looking forward to it. I am totally bummed now. We have very cloudy skies. Just snowed a bit more too. So, I doubt it will clear up in time for it. :(
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2007, 02:17 PM
    Thanks for the reminder, AK!

Just a little to add about this for our world wide audience:

The eclipse will be at least partly visible on every continent, although residents of Europe, Africa and the Middle East will have the best view, weather permitting.

Earth's shadow will begin moving across the moon at 2018GMT, with the total eclipse occurring at 2244GMT and lasting over an hour.

Residents of east Asia will see the eclipse cut short by moonset, while those in the eastern parts of North and South America will find the moon already partially or totally eclipsed by the time it rises over the horizon in the evening.

While eastern Australia, Alaska and New Zealand will miss tonight's show, they will have front row seats to the next total lunar eclipse, on Aug. 28.

Excerpts from here. More current news about it here.
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2007, 02:26 PM
    Cool so I guess I should go star gaze and hold my husbands hand giggle
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2007, 02:54 PM
    Yes, tell him to log off and pay some attention to that wonderful wife of his ;) :p
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2007, 03:01 PM
    LMAO I have no flipping chance rick he is playing command and conquer so I've lost him... but on the subject of the mood its half way through the eclipse its so clear and fab I love it
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2007, 03:05 PM
    Sorry to hear about the c&cohilic... :p

I'm jealous of your view, though... We'll see nothing here tonight. But I am heading off to the Irish Festival at the Josephinum so we'll at least have a good night out :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2007, 03:11 PM
    Hehehehehehe have a good night rick make sure you get a glass of that black stuff
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Mar 3, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Just been out into my garden here in the UK,and yep,the Moon is slowly going.It's a clear night in the heart of the Midlands,where I am.It's now 22:15 GMT,so in half an hour it will be "total".Maybe I will turn into a ware-wolf."Aaaauuuu!!!!" Naw... I just need a hair cut... :D
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2007, 03:53 PM
    WOW what a sight that was I'm kind of speachless
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Yea! I got to see it. It was amazing.
    I was hoping to find online some pictures of it, but all I'm pulling up is past eclipses - I guess I'll need to wait a little while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nez
    Just been out into my garden here in the UK,and yep,the Moon is slowly going.It's a clear night in the heart of the Midlands,where I am.It's now 22:15 GMT,so in half an hour it will be "total".Maybe I will turn into a ware-wolf."Aaaauuuu!!!!" Naw...I just need a hair cut...:D
    I did hear someone howling (LOL) Nez, was that you?

Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    WOW what a sight that was im kinda speachless
    Me too!!
    I'd never seen one before (other than pictures)
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2007, 02:22 AM
    Thank you for posting about it in the first place hunn without your post I wouldn't have known I make a point of not reading,watching or listening to the news and it was my first time to see one at night too I was very impressed I have to say.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2007, 01:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    Thankyou for posting about it in the first place hunn without your post i wouldnt have known i make a point of not reading,watching or listening to the news and it was my first time to see one at night too i was very impressed i have to say.
    I don't watch the news either, just little weather reports from AOL at the top of my computer screen;) .
    Too much bad stuff happening in the world today, just knowing about it weighs too heavily on my mind.
    Thankfully Rick posted the other info. Had he not posted, I would have missed it (thanks Rick:D )
    For me, as soon as the sun was setting, the moon was rising over the horizon and the eclipse was already in progress.
    I would have gone out looking for it way too late wondering why it didn't happen (lol)...

I'm glad you got to see it.

Kae
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Mar 4, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Well eveyone knows where I will be during that time lol.. freezing my behind off watching it outside
    Oh wait I did miss it lol just noticed the date of your post

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I saw my girlfriend's man with another woman tonight [ 13 Answers ]

My new boyfriend called me at work today and told me that he wanted to take me to dinner at this restaurant in Manhattan, New York. I had a hectic day at work and I was looking forward to a romantic dinner with my boyfriend. I was thinking of what to wear for the date, but my co-workers paid me a...

I saw my ex tonight... [ 10 Answers ]

I went to tgi fridays and it was one that was not the one me and my ex used to go to and it's a little far from his house. I was with my friends and all of sudden I saw his friends and then he walks in! My initial reaction was to flip out! I just got up and moved to the end of the table. I don't...

Learned something VERY important tonight... [ 4 Answers ]

Im back... for now, but I learned something that I thought was pretty cool tonight... so I thought I would share. Driving home tonight I was albe to listen to a band that I thought I would NEVER be able to listen to again and ENJOY because of my EX... and I LOVED them again for the 1st time! It was...

View more questions Search