Ask
    philinfla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2012, 01:28 PM
    Connected to wireless but can't get on the internet
    Connected to wireless but can't get on the internet
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 16, 2012, 01:45 PM
    Check your wireless encryption key as it appears to be incorrect.
    dell_ratish_c Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2012, 02:41 PM
    Hi ,

My name is Rathish and I am working with Dell Social Media Team.
    You have mentioned in the post that you are not able to connect to internet wirelessly.
    There are few questions which I have in order to help you with the issue.
    Please let me know if you see any other wireless networks available or not and also the system which you are using.
    Also please let me know the operating system which you are using.
    If its given a yellow mark in the wireless signal then as mentioned by Curlyben. It might be an issue with wireless router key. Please try to change the router key and then try and connect which might help.
    Also I request you to shut down the computer , the router and the modem.
    First switch on the modem and then switch the router after 1 min.
    Once both the router and the modem is up in running switch the computer on then try .

Please try the steps and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks & Regards,
    Dell_Ratish_C
    Dell Social Media Responder
    Dell | Facebook
    Twitter
    Videos from Dell - YouTube

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless connection connected but can't connect to the internet [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I just hooked up a Linksys wireless router to my PC, and I have a connection on my laptop, but I get a "the page cannot be displayed" message when I try to connect to the internet. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks!

Wireless connection connected but can't connect to the internet. [ 2 Answers ]

I haven't downloaded anything recently and I'm using all the same programs. But I get a 'the page cannot be displayed' message when I try accessing internet explorer. I am really worried, and would be so glad if you could help me out. Thanks, Britt:)

Connected to wireless network. Can't access internet [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Dell laptop with Windows XP which is connected to a wireless network. Windows is currently managing my wireless connection, and tells me that I am connected to my network and the signal strength is excellent. I have always been able to use the internet perfectly on this laptop...

Connected to wireless network, but can't get on the internet [ 4 Answers ]

I am from the US and I'm currently studying in Spain and on the roof of my house here, I have a very strong connection to a wireless network that is titled, "wireless". It is not locked and doesn't not require any kind of password and I connect right away without it saying that I have limited or...

Connected to wireless router but no internet [ 2 Answers ]

I am running windows XP home on my notebook. My wife's desktop is connected through the router via and eithernet cable. I can see and connect to the router, but cannot get internet. I keep getting the work offline screen. Please Help. Michael

View more questions Search