Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    119fred Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 12:14 PM
    Hammering in my hot water heating boiler
    I have a zoned in floor hot water heating system that is hammering. The system hammers in the boiler when I have only one zone on. When more than one zone calls for heat, then there is no hammering.
    * I have installed spiro vents to remove all of the air.
    * I have checked the pump, and it is fine.
    * If I open a bypass valve to increase the circulation through the boiler, the hammering goes away.

I am thinking that I am not getting enough circulation through the pipes in the floor. Water is turning to steam in the boiler and hammering.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 4, 2007, 03:01 PM
    If the bypass works set it and forget it. Has this done this since new? Where is the professional company that installed it for you? You might call them and ask the same question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boiler pressure and Hot water [ 3 Answers ]

My boiler loses pressure daily. It was suggested that there might be a leak somewhere but I'm pretty sure there isn't. There is no evidence of water anywhere. It seemed to be working OK with a regular top up of the pressure. However, not sure if this is related but the water pressure from the...

Low water pressure oil hot water heating system [ 1 Answers ]

How does one go about increasing water pressure in a baseboard heating system?

Boiler Hot Water Insufficient [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6 zone hot water / forced air hybrid heating system. Most of the actual baseboard system is 1958/1980, but works fine. In 2000 I put in a new boiler, AC, and a forced air furnace that gets its heat from hot water flowing through it from the boiler (in addition to the zones). I also have...

Bleeding hot water boiler four zones [ 1 Answers ]

HELP,My hot water boiler has four zones, one is hot the others need bleeding. How do I go about this?

View more questions Search