Ask
    kelly vysinka Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2012, 04:44 PM
    Looking to do commercials
    Live in Chicagoland area Hard working and nothing but time
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 04:54 PM
    I'm in the western suburbs. Any chance you would pinpoint your location to south suburbs or NW Chicago, etc. I might have an idea or two.

Jul 15, 2012, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I'm in the western suburbs. Any chance you would pinpoint your location to south suburbs or NW Chicago, etc.? I might have an idea or two.
    I'm in NW

Jul 15, 2012, 05:05 PM
    [QUOTE=kelly vysinka I am located in Aurora I'll looking for work
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 05:08 PM
    Go to a large library -- your own (CPL branch?) or Arlington Hts. Or Skokie, etc.. Go to the reference desk and ask for information on modeling for commercials -- you'll need to put together a portfolio, names/phone numbers of agents, a list of upcoming auditions, etc. Are you able to get to auditions in the Loop/Chicago as well as the suburbs?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 05:10 PM
    Oh, Aurora. Then go to that library or to Naperville or to Lisle or St. Charles and find out the same stuff as what I posted,
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 05:12 PM
    The Naperville-Aurora area might very well have local companies that film for commercials, for extras on reality shows, for extras in movies, etc.

Jul 15, 2012, 05:19 PM
    Go to a large library -- your own (CPL branch?) or Arlington Hts. or Skokie, etc.. Go to the reference desk and ask for information on modeling for commercials -- you'll need to put together a portfolio, names/phone numbers of agents, a list of upcoming auditions, etc. Are you able to get to auditions in the Loop/Chicago as well as the suburbs?
    Yes I can
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 05:19 PM
    Some quick Googling took me to this site with a casting call for next week --

Actors Wanted Naperville, IL Theatre Non Equity Naperville, IL auditions Modeling Acting Auditions & Casting Calls ExploreTalent baby model modeling talent

Of course, be very careful what you audition for and where, and always make sure it's legit. Naperville or Aurora reference librarians should know if that site is legit.

Jul 15, 2012, 05:21 PM
    The Naperville-Aurora area might very well have local companies that film for commercials, for extras on reality shows, for extras in movies, etc.,
    And were do I go to find out who may be looking
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly vysinka View Post
    And were do I go to find out who may be looking
    I just gave you a link. Libraries are closed now, but check with Naperville PL in the morning to make sure that link and the info are legit. They'll give you more links and possibilities for your neck of the woods. There may be opportunities for auditioning for local cable channels too. ***ADDED*** Many suburbs have their own cable channel, so check if there is a need for announcing the next program (village board meeting, school program, etc.) and voice-overs, etc. If you can get your foot in the door, opportunities to do more might open up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Funny Commercials [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone remember these funny commercials from about 10 or 12 years ago? The three commercials would show police harassing and arresting golfers, joggers or tennis players and at the end a voice-over said "what if we treated all athletes the way we treat skakeboarders?" What company were they...

I love these commercials [ 2 Answers ]

YouTube - Messin' With Sasquatch, Flaming Bag - Internet Only Version

2 commercials [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I hope someone can help me. I'm looking for 2 commercial clips. I do Presentations for Tahitian Noni Juice and could really use these in my training presentation. The first commercial is this guy who has a nice house, nice family, belongs to a country club and he says that he is in...

View more questions Search