Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kt1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 10:45 AM
    My nan has just passed away and I keep smelling fresh coffee
    Hi
    My nan has just died (on thursday) and I keep getting strong smells of fresh coffee not all the time just every now and again moving past me when I'm sat on my sofa I wsa wondering whether it was something or nothing :confused:
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2007, 10:59 AM
    First I want to say I am sorry to hear about your loss.

I personally believe it is your nan saying hello and letting you know that she is around and is always with you. That she is good and doing fine.

I personally believe that many many people who have experienced losses experience smells that are familiar to them from a family member.

Very normal and I do believe you have been blessed knowing that she is still around you.

Joe
    kt1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 11:30 AM
    Hi thanks for your response what I don't understand because she never drank coffee she drink tea.
    I do believe when I lost my grandad I every time I got upset I could smell brylcream to which I know that he used to use and I smellt it every day at my last house we lived at but obviously since I moved and been more settled not smellt it since so I know that he knows that I'm settled and has gone now.
    The weird thing is that my husband also smelt it last night the fresh coffee but hasn't since and neither have I but I have also had a horrendous headache since Thursday night and no matter what I can't get rid of it but I suppose in time it will like I said thanks for your reply:o
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2007, 11:41 AM
    If the smell of coffee is something that is comforting to you, then I would say it's her way of letting you know that all is okay. If not there could be another reason for it, but if both you and your husband smelled it and you could place no other cause for the smell then I would feel even stronger about it being a sign.

Just a thought - did your grandad like coffee? If so, maybe it's a sign saying she has met up with him.

Your headache is likely just from all the emotions of the whole situation. Death is a difficult thing to accept and perhaps you are ignoring all her messages to you that she is okay and wants you to be okay, too.

Warm hugs to you, I promise, it WILL get better.

Love, Didi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smelling wisdom tooth [ 27 Answers ]

Hi, I am 30 years old. My wisdom tooth lies a little lower than the rest. I noticed that it smells bad. I put a finger on the tooth and smell the finger. The finger smells bad. I tried with other teeth. They smell normal. I have been taking extra care while brushing after I became aware of this...

Just can't accept I have lost my nan [ 8 Answers ]

I am 23 years old and have always been really really close to my grandparents, I saw then nearly everyday and lived with them for over a year. Last year I went to mallorca to work and I had only been there a month and my grandad was diagnosed with lung cancer and died within 4 weeks. I went home...

Moldy Smelling Water from RO Line @ fridge [ 4 Answers ]

I had a water filtration system installed three months ago, along with an RO line to both my sink(its an independent faucet), and then also to my 9 year old kenmore side by side. We never had water connected to it prior, as we always purchased drinking water, our iron levels were very high and the...

Bad smelling bath/sink [ 2 Answers ]

For the past few months we have been noticing a bad, sulfur-type odor coming from our master bath toilet and sink. The smell is not constant and doesn't always correspond to running water (running both hot and cold water in the sink can cause the smell, but it disappears after a few minutes) or...

Help with sewage smelling basement! [ 7 Answers ]

Thanks for any input. Let me begin by saying I know NOTHING about the plumbing in my 100+ yr old home so let me provide you with some information. I have a stone block foundation that has leaked since the day I moved in so I'm not a stranger to seepage in my basement. Lately though ANY time I...

View more questions Search