Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Almost_Retired Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2012, 12:46 PM
    SEP loan at age 63
    I am 63 years old and no longer contribute to a tax-deferred retirement plan. I am currently not taking a distribution from my retirement accounts. Can I borrow from my SEP accounts or do I have to start taking a taxable distribution to get cash out? I plan on using the money to purchase a new (not first) home with no mortgage.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 16, 2012, 06:55 AM
    An SEP (Simplified Employee Pension) plan is a form of IRA, and unlike a 401(k) does NOT have a provision for loans, and any distribution to you is considered taxable income. The good news is that since you are over 59-1/2 you will not have to pay a 10% early withdrawal penalty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moved from India to US in sep [ 1 Answers ]

I moved to USA in Sep 2010 on L1 transfer. My employer is deducting tax for my income earned in US. Now, when I will file return in India for 2010-2011 financial year, would I have to include my US income? I will stay less than 180 years in India for Financial Year 2010-2011. Any comments would be...

SEP-IRA deductions [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I went on H1B from OPT in Oct 2008 so I am filing the Form 1040 NR-EZ. I am single and resident of India. My employer has a SEP-IRA plan and it contributed around $3000 towards my SEP-IRA for 2008. I opened an account with fidelity and deposited that amount there. I read that one can...

How to journalize the transactions of Sep 01st to Sep 3th for Mr. Afnan's business [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir, I have many problems in this question regarding how to prepare General journal Post to ledger accounts Prepare trial balance Pass adjusting entries And Income Statement for the month of September 30 and Balance Sheet...

We are co-signers for college age daughter's student loan - tax credit? [ 1 Answers ]

Our daughter goes to school out of state. Part of her tuition is paid through scholarships, part is through federal student loans (through FAFSA) and part is through a bank collegiate loan in her name co-signed by us. She doesn't have any income. Can we claim this on our joint return or does...

View more questions Search