Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Irishdevil56 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2012, 10:26 AM
    Can hearing impaired join the military?
    I'm 15 and hearing impaired and wondering if I can join the Marines after I graduate high school because of my medical condition?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 11:56 AM
    Any disabilities that might impair your performance in action, are not accepted in any of the armed forces.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 01:34 PM
    They have a min standard for hearing, if you can pass their hearing test, you can join, if you can't past their test you won't, Depends on how impaired your hearing is
    Irishdevil56 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2012, 12:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    They have a min standard for hearing, if you can pass their hearing test, you can join, if you can't past their test you won't, Depends on how impaired your hearing is
    I'm hearing impaired in both ears but at my recent hearing test my doctor told me that if she didn't see the graph that shows the hearing loss then she would think I would have normal hearing. So I'm guessing I'd need a waiver to join.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to join the military but I have a felony [ 1 Answers ]

Can I join the army or marines if I have a concealed firearm charge? Its over 2 years old and it is a felony, but I have adjudication withheld

Is there a way someone can take off my probation if I join the military? [ 3 Answers ]

I have 8 years probation for 2nd degree burglary of habitation, but is willing to join any military branch instead of doing probation

Blonde, hearing impaired [ 3 Answers ]

Who acted as a blonde, young, hearing impaired girl who was treated very badly, and lived in a barn

Should I join military [ 12 Answers ]

I've been wondering if I should join the military. I love the military, there's only one thing stoping me. It's kind of lame, but I'm terrifed of needles. I have to get blood taken to join, I'm scared. I know I shouldn't let my fear stand in the way of my dreams, but it's standing right in the...

View more questions Search