Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kartovar Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2012, 10:07 AM
    Is it really worth a service like Netflix ?
    I've been told they don't have good films, and sometimes they just will never have good movies. For instance are they ever going to have Prometheus ? If they don't have good movies then why to pay 8 bucks monthly ?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 10:13 AM
    I have had Netfix for three years now and I don't miss the 8 bucks, especially through nights in Canadian winters after work. Even through the summer months when it is too hot to go outside, it is worthwhile.

They have a pretty good spectrum of movies. Prometheus just showed where I am two weeks ago, so a movie that new will not be on Netflix yet; anyway, there are restrictions Netflix have to get through before buying the movie rights for their network.

You can try it for free and anything they do is completely legitimate; you have a problem with receiving a movie, they fix it; if the quality is not good, they fix it.

They ask when you join what kind of movies you like, they tailor a part of the network to your needs; but it isn't only movies, the whole series of X files, for instance is on there; the whole series of Bones is there; any documentary or travelog you want to access is there.

I absolutely like Netflix.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 10:15 AM
    We are huge Netflix fans at my house for all the reasons tickle mentioned--and more.

Jul 15, 2012, 10:38 AM
    Ok but what people says that some movies won't get to Netflix is it true ? Because I would expect to watch all the movies that at some point were on the theaters even if it is 6 months later
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 10:43 AM
    My son has had Netflix for several years and so far has never had problems getting any particular movie eventually. Of course, he has to wait his turn--and wait for a new movie to be released on DVD.
    Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 10:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wondergirl View Post
    we are huge netflix fans at my house for all the reasons tickle mentioned--and more.
    ****hi five*****

Jul 15, 2012, 10:58 AM
    In general I find people with a good opinion and people with a negative, but when it comes to online streaming, how good are they ? I think the same applies you have to wait a little before the release of the movie and probably not all movies are going to be there.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 11:00 AM
    Netflix is awesome. We pay the money for DVDs and instant watch. I never have a problem with what they offer in their selections. New movies I can usually get within a month of their release to DVD I don't consider the cost to be all that much for both services.
    Entomology Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 11:03 AM
    Newer movies don't usually go to streaming all that soon. For newer movies, it's usually DVD that has them. I have seen some newer films hit streaming within a few months of release. Still, I find myself to be a fan of Asian films and low-end horror and I get all silly with what's available on the instant watch streaming. Never disappointed.
    Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kartovar View Post
    In general I find people with a good opinion and people with a negative, but when it comes to online streaming, how good are they ? I think the same applies you have to wait a little before the release of the movie and probably not all movies are going to be there.
    Of course all movies are not going to be there, but it isn't because Netflix is slow getting them on. Its like I said, copyright issues are usually the reason why.

What do these negative people want? Netflix delivers what they promote, what they advertise. And you can't beat the price. In my neck of the woods going to a movie is spending almost 75 bucks for a night out. That pays for many many nights and days of Netflix. I am watching a movie now because it is 35c in the shade here in southeastern Ontariio called 'Man Apart' with Vin Diesel, one of my favourite actors.

I just watched a really gross horror movie, one of my, again, favourite type of movies. There are new releases all the time, and there is a special section in the menu where you can view all new releases.

Any more roadblocks?

I know you have only had three positive opinions, but I think you may lose our argument.
    Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 12:07 PM
    [QUOTE=odinn7;31 low-end horror [/QUOTE]

Oh, so you don't like the gory stuff like Saw movies; me neither.
    Entomology Expert

Jul 16, 2012, 10:58 AM
    Well, I will watch them but I really prefer the B grade films... I like the unintentional comedy!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 16, 2012, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Well, I will watch them but I really prefer the B grade films...I like the unintentional comedy!
    Bet you loved Mystery Science Theater 3000!
    msdebdardx4 Posts: 53, Reputation: 6

Jul 16, 2012, 02:22 PM
    I have Netflix, and I really enjoy it. The price is excellent, and the service is great.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2012, 03:07 PM
    Netflix Instant is worth the money. But, if $7.99 a month is too expensive, just ask someone else for their Netflix Instant login information. Netflix allows account sharing.

Netflix is so generous that Tennessee felt they had to step in and legislate account sharing.

To everyone on here who hasn't heard of it, I recommend you all check out Spotify. It's a streaming service for music. It literally has almost all of the recorded music available. And, for a desktop computer, it's free. To get it on your iPhone or Android, it'll cost you $10 a month.
    Entomology Expert

Jul 16, 2012, 05:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Bet you loved Mystery Science Theater 3000!
    Oh, I did... I did.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is Netflix worth the money? [ 14 Answers ]

I'm considering perscribing to netflix, I'm not sure if I should buy the membership because I thinkit might be too expensive! Can someone please tell me if its worth the money and also how much it would cost to get unlimeted movies for a month? Thanks! :D

I have Noritake Dinner service Arunta Progression 9007.What is it worth? [ 3 Answers ]

Noritake Arunta I have 6 coffee cups and saucers 6 side plates, 6 Soup bowls, 6 fish plates, 8 Meat plates, 6 desert bowls, 2 Meat platters, 1 gravy boat and 2 vegetable dishes with lids.

Netflix instant [ 0 Answers ]

I would like to know if you know this movie. It is where a british guy and his buddy do cocaine drive to someone's house and buy a kilo then drive to a festival to sell it but realize it was cut by this girl in the middle of the movie

Can't play Netflix on IE 8 [ 0 Answers ]

I have an Acer Aspire 5517 with Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium and Verizon High Speed internet service. I also have Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox browsers. Here's my problem: When I want to play Netflix instantly through Firefox I just click on the Netflix icon, make a selection, and begin...

The best way to receive netflix [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to decide if ROKU is good enough to stream on netflix

View more questions Search