Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    holden007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2012, 06:35 AM
    To sick for work 50%
    I have fulltime employment but have been not well enough for work most days for the last 7 weeks. I have just worked 31/2 days the last week. My employer has told me to resign and get sickness benefits. I am waiting for investigative surgery which may be another month or more away. I have no leave or sick days left. Can I be asked to leave because of this and do I resign or should they terminate my employment for me to be entitled to sickness benefit. Do they have to re instate my employment once I am well? I am happy to conyinue working there. I'm 18 and my mum and I rent a house.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 07:01 AM
    The answer to this question has many variables:

Are you a contracted employee, a salaried employee or an hourly employee?

If you are in the US, does your employer participate in FMLA?

How long have you been employed by this company? And what kind of company is this, i.e. healthcare, retail, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hurt at work, Dr ordered no work, must I use up my sick & vacation time [ 4 Answers ]

When you are hurt at work must you use up your sick & vacation time.

Sick, Should I still work out? [ 1 Answers ]

5 days a week I do strength training (pilates). And everyday of the week I walk(incline) and run. Anyway, I've come down with a cold and my bones just ache, most days when I'm sick I can usually hit the tredmill or at least go out for a walk. But today is not one of those days.. So my question is,...

Do you work out at the gym when you're sick? [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I just asked about how often to work out at the gym on another question, now I'm wondering if you work out when you're sick with the flu? Even though I've had an awful flu the past four days and have been off work (definitely wasn't fit for work) and still feel terrible, I've been going to...

How can I evict a roommate too sick to work? [ 2 Answers ]

My roommate, no longer on the lease (we 3 guys live in a 3 bedroom house), has deteriorating health issues and cannot work. He has a bad heart and is on oxygen and everything he does is difficult for him. He literally stays in his room 24 hours a day, only coming out to cook (and leave the dishes)...

View more questions Search