Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ina13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2012, 10:13 PM
    How to lose 30 pounds in 1 month
    I used to be 112 and know I'm 157 and kids at my middle school make fun of me for being heaver than every one else I try my best to be strong but its getting on my last nerve what do I do to lose weight fast before next school year starts?
    ali18ninja Posts: 159, Reputation: 16

Jul 15, 2012, 12:26 AM
    Losing weight is a relatively simple process that is hard to do. First off, you have to be at a caloric deficit. It's as easy as consuming less calories than you body burns in a day. The body burns calories for energy and when it runs out of calories, it burns fat. Simple right?

So how do you do this? Well first off, you need to plan out a diet. It doesn't have to be a crazy diet or anything special. You have to start getting used to looking at nutritional values on everything you buy and plan accordingly. Your diet must be under a certain number of calories, say 1500 to 1700 and must revolve around proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. You might be thinking that fats should be avoided but fats are actually healthy for you when you control how much you take in. You should be consuming more protein than anything as your body burns more calories when it digests the proteins since they take longer to digest. Carbs should be kept at a low. These are the dangerous ones especially when you mix them with fats. So to put simply, plan a 1500 to 1700 diet and build it around mostly protein, low carb and fats. Do some research on meals that provide a nutritional value box. Remember, low carbs high protein.

The second and just as important step is to have some form of exercise. You burn calories even more this way. Aerobic and cardio exercises are effective but the most effective workouts to burn the most calories will involve some weight lifting. Just start with light weights and work on doing the exercises right. Do exercises that will get you tired quick and then do them with weights. If you jog, start without weights and progress each week to use like a small dumbbell in each hand. The next week, use a slightly heavier dumbbell. Use weights with aerobic exercises. If you don't like using weights, you can still do traditional exercising without them but you won't burn as much fat.

Also, sleep at least 7 hours a night and weigh yourself ONCE a week. You should aim to lose a pound at least every day so around 7 a week. But you might gain some lean muscle so it may not always be the case. And if you aren't interested in building muscle don't worry. It takes time to build noticeable muscular results. Besides, the muscle you build will be lean and would only make you look toned and not bulky. Best of luck and don't quit. It's supposed to be tough but results will come if you really want it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to... lose 20 pounds in one month? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I'm 13 and I really want to lose weight. Next month my school is doing a field trip to a swim club and I want to lose a lot of weight for it. Im currently 182 pounds and I just don't think that's healthy. My goal weight is 136 pounds but I know that that can't possibly happen in one month....

Can I lose 25 pounds in one month? [ 2 Answers ]

I weigh about almost 150 pounds, is there any way to lose 25 pounds while in school in a month? Please help!!

How can I lose 20 pounds in a month? [ 8 Answers ]

I am female, age 17 and weigh 140lbs. I used to be 120lbs before and now all I can do is think about losing the weight! I can't sleep right anymore, it's all I think about. If I run twice a day on a speed of 9 on the threadmill for 30 min each time, will I be able to lose those 20 pounds? PLEASE...

Lose 50/60 pounds in 1 month? [ 7 Answers ]

:( Hello, my name is Noemi and unfortunately like many of us I have gained a huge amount of weight.. I am 6'00 ft tall and before I got married I use to weight 148 (I was super skinny and I loved it).. Those were the happy days for me-all of the cloths I would try on or wear fit beautifully.....

How do I lose 40 pounds in 1 month? [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to lose 40 pounds before the summer, but I want to lose the weight fast so I can start buying clothes now.Do anyone have a diet I can try?

View more questions Search