Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jujubees Posts: 161, Reputation: 4

Jul 15, 2012, 07:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I'm going to post it here for all the potato lovers out there and then close the thread. Okay?
    Thank you! You are the only one actually answered my actual question!

Jul 15, 2012, 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySam View Post
    You brought up the leaving, not us, up to that point is all potatoes.
    I don't think anyone on this thread suggested welfare or the like.
    My comment was not meant to be rude, simply that small things at your house seem really big.
    Back to potatoes I think that question has been answered, I love potatoes, but when I want a baked one, I do it the old fashioned way, in foil and in the oven, I reheat them in the oven like others have mentioned and they are fine by me.

Tinkle- Frozen baked potatoes are a special process. If you try it at home, it won't work, say two or three in foil and freezing them.The potato iis reduced to mush in the freezer.

This calls for doing a few ahead in foil and putting them in the fridge.

Quite frankly I wouldn't put up with that, working and all. What is he doing, sitting on hs butt?

That was her answer
    And then after that people started to talk about baking them himself instead of answering my question and then just plain nonsense. I just stated WHY I wanted them frozen from the store.

Anyway wondergirl thanks for all your help and close the thread now
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 07:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jujubees View Post
    My husband hates them microwaved. If I make one like that for him he refuses to eat it. he is a pain in the butt
    You brought it up here...

I won't put up with it much longer. In the fall or winter I am moving out.
    And here...

Because he still is my hubby and I still have to keep the peace before I do leave him. I do not want too many "fights" before "I plan to leave"
    In all honesty, and I'm not trying to be mean, it sounds like this man is very controlling and you are trying to appease him until you are able to leave. It has very little to do with the actual "potato," but rather you trying to keep him calm, cool, and collected until you can get out from under his controlling thumb.

Jul 15, 2012, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    You brought it up here....

And here...

In all honesty, and I'm not trying to be mean, it sounds like this man is very controlling and you are trying to appease him until you are able to leave. It has very little to do with the actual "potato," but rather you trying to keep him calm, cool, and collective until you can get out from under his controlling thumb.
    I agree but I really still need the question answered and hoping wondergirl can help if not I will have to try something else to appease him until that time. What I like is I will be making more money than him and by spring I can get a divorce or sooner! That would be heaven!!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 08:06 AM
    I have several mouthwatering recipes that are great reheats he would love!!

Jul 15, 2012, 08:07 AM
    I have several mouthwatering recipes that are great reheats he would love!!!
    At this point I will try it!! LOL LOL
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 08:11 AM
    Have you ever tried stuff made in a crockpot? Food can cook all day, and all he would have to do is turn it off and scoop out what he wants.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 08:13 AM
    tinkle- Frozen baked potatoes are a special
    anyway wondergirl thanks for all your help and close the thread now
    It isn't 'tinkle' its 'tickle'(I take exception to your mistake. You yourself put all the superfluous stuff in your thread, we just put in extra comments. I am sorry you had a problem with that but you didn't have to read it all.

We are just a friendly bunch, banter back and forth because we enjoy each others company here.

If you don't like it, you have your answers, then leave.

Jul 15, 2012, 08:17 AM
    Have you ever tried stuff made in a crockpot? Food can cook all day, and all he would have to do is turn it off and scoop out what he wants.
    I should do that more often

And "tickle" I started the thread and MAYBE someone would have answer my question. I would miss it if I didn't read MY OWN THREAD
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 08:30 AM
    Yummy beef stew, pot roast, BBQ something's, hearty soups, white beans and ham -- oh, my!!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 15, 2012, 08:53 AM
    The thread has now been closed, but I need to point out something here. At this site we try to provide solutions not just answers. Sometimes the question requires a deeper solution and we try to deal with that.

That was the case here. The fact that your husband is so finicky and controlling became the real problem. And it was a problem you raised and we tried to address.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 09:18 AM
    I closed it since it all started to be fighting, reporting each other and so on.
    I agree with Scott, if you really want to discuss the real issue, and for heavens sake a potato is not the problem here.

Log ago, I had a issue with a wife ( she is passed on now) but she fussed about the way I did dishes, I stopped doing dishes, she fussed about the way I did any laundry, I stopped helping with that. You know she fussed about it not being done and I told her, If I was going to be fussed at, may as well not do the work.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 10:10 AM
    Her relationship-until-the-divorce and food solution is crockpot meals.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 16, 2012, 11:43 AM
    Response from my son who works for McCain:

"There was some internal article several months ago about it going well in the UK but I've yet to see any plans for it to be marketed to the US. I am guessing with the economy the way it is, people wouldn't want to pay a premium for a plain baked potato. It may also be the drought/potato shortage in the States, so maybe they don't want to use up raw materials for bakers when they could make more generally-profitable fries that everyone wants."

From my phone call to the company:

I would have to call the UK and talk to someone in Operations or Marketing, but am to be aware that proprietary information may be withheld. There are no plans to bring the baked potato product to the US, but if it does reach our shores, it will first appear and be sold at Sam's Club or other wholesale markets.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Baked enamel paint [ 0 Answers ]

I enjoy restoring old motor cycles to the point of spray painting. I have used various types of paints over the years: acrylic, acrylic + clear (cob) enamel, enamel + hardener, two pack (mixed). The paint looks great but stonechips can ruin that very quickly. Baked enamel is the next quest for the...

Are the new kitchen counter-top refinishing kits sold at HI stores worth it? Durable? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been noticing refinishing kits sold at places like Home Depot, etc. These kits run approx. $200-300, so still pricey. Does anyone have any other ideas. My kitchen desperately needs a facelift but I'm not ready to invest a lot right now. I am very open to all types of ideas.

Baked pancakes [ 1 Answers ]

In a very old Bero cookbook you did baked pancakes cooked on saucers and then served with jams etc, it was soft and cakey in the middle but crunchy round the outside

Baked Alaska [ 1 Answers ]

I want to make Baked Alaska for Christmas but I want to make small, individual ones for each of my guests. Any good ideas or tips on how to do this?

When a bread is baked [ 1 Answers ]

Why does bread rise when it is baked? How do you think the mass of the bread would compare to the original total mass of the ingredients in the recipe.

View more questions Search