Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 07:19 AM
    Should I move this thread to a discussion board? I think this can turn into a very educational thread.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I'm wondering if you could bake some potatoes ahead, using McCain's method (ask me), then refrigerate until wanted, pop them into a hmmmm 375-degree hot oven for ten minutes or so to reheat and crisp the skins.
    This never works for me. I think it has something to do with mollecules of the white part of the potato. In any event, you guys are not reading back because I suggested this as well, but only works when rapped in foil to bake first. They never taste the same when heated up and are waxy.

OP stated she has been working towards leaving spouse and he will soon have to do this himself.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 07:23 AM
    I'd bake them wrapped in foil, just like Mom does, but would reheat them outside of the foil so the skins get crispy.
    jujubees Posts: 161, Reputation: 4

Jul 15, 2012, 07:24 AM
    Should I move this thread to a discussion board? I think this can turn into a very educational thread.

Why? I asked a simple question and got lots of answers of how not to look for baked potatoes in the grocery store. I think the original amhd from years ago was against not actually answering the question. How about just deleting my question. Too many people wanting to know more about my relationship that I am trying to avoid because I do not need more people telling me to go on welfare to leave him now instead of later on when I plan to and not have to be on welfare. I just wanted to make things easier for me until that time and I put that down numerous time and still get rude comments
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 07:29 AM
    I couldn't care less about your relationship.(Well, sort of, but... ) I want to discuss potatoes! (My mom is from Idaho and my son coincidentally works for McCain. Potatoes rule! And this is a food board.)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 07:30 AM
    I think it's more of a relationship question since he seems to require baked potatoes at each meal and does not seem willing to bend.

Jul 15, 2012, 07:31 AM
    I couldn't care less about your relationship. I want to discuss potatoes!! (My mom is from Idaho and my son coincidentally works for McCain. Potatoes rule! And this is a food board.)
    You don't but others seem to if you read the comments.
    I love potatoes! We use to grow them on our farm when I was a kid.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I think it's more of a relationship question since he seems to require baked potatoes at each meal and does not seem willing to bend.
    But this is a food board, and we can't try to change his mind unless he registers and joins us on this thread. Then he would be at our mercy! We could have him cooking Thanksgiving dinner if we play our cards right.
    Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 07:33 AM
    jujubees, you see it is ALL about the relationship since he is so hell bent on particular baked potatoes or he gets ballistic. It's not about food, or discussions, but more on the way he treats you if he doesn't get it the way he likes it.

Jul 15, 2012, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    No it is not! I asked if baked potatoes in the store and people told me to tell him to cook them himself and they started the "relationship" stuff not me. I just explained why because I felt people were calling me a "lame" wife for cooking for him.

All I wanted to know if frozen baked potatoes are sold in the store. Nothing more and nothing less! Thanks for your input though! I will just ignore them next time and only reply to people who answer my "food" question.
    Like you- thanks for the info about potatoes not working well from the fridge.

I am just surprised that comments like that are allowed here
    Y!A does not allow such remarks

I may be new here but seems kind of strange to me
    Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 07:36 AM
    Oh, Lord!
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jujubees View Post
    I thought this site was Q&A and not opinions and comments
    You brought up the leaving, not us, up to that point is all potatoes.
    I don't think anyone on this thread suggested welfare or the like.
    My comment was not meant to be rude, simply that small things at your house seem really big.
    Back to potatoes I think that question has been answered, I love potatoes, but when I want a baked one, I do it the old fashioned way, in foil and in the oven, I reheat them in the oven like others have mentioned and they are fine by me.

Jul 15, 2012, 07:37 AM
    But this is a food board, and we can't try to change his mind unless he registers and joins us on this thread. Then he would be at our mercy! We could have him cooking Thanksgiving dinner if we play our cards right.
    He'd never join too busy with work and plays computer games LOL LOL
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 07:38 AM
    How about this -- I'll call McCain's corporate office tomorrow and find out if they plan to sell the baked potatoes in the US soon and if they have inside info on preparing them ourselves.

Jul 15, 2012, 07:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySam View Post
    My comment was not meant to be rude, simply that small things at your house seem really big.
    Back to potatoes I think that question has been answered, I love potatoes, but when I want a baked one, I do it the old fashioned way, in foil and in the oven, I reheat them in the oven like others have mentioned and they are fine by me.
    How was it answered? No one said anything about frozen baked potatoes except wondergirl and she is looking into it. No one else answered it just told me to freeze them myself

Jul 15, 2012, 07:40 AM
    How about this -- I'll call McCain's corporate office tomorrow and find out if they plan to sell the baked potatoes in the US soon and if they have inside info on preparing them ourselves.
    They don't I looked! That stinks!
    Maybe you can ask your mom she may have some ideas

Jul 15, 2012, 07:41 AM
    Thank you! Maybe they can tell you of someone who has it!
    Just send me a private message because I think I am done with this thread LOL
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 07:42 AM
    I'm going to post it here for all the potato lovers out there and then close the thread. Okay?
    Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 07:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySam View Post
    ERROR: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to LadySam again.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jujubees View Post
    How was it answered? No one said anything about frozen baked potatoes except wondergirl and she is looking into it. no one else answered it just told me to freeze them myself
    Hence your answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Baked enamel paint [ 0 Answers ]

I enjoy restoring old motor cycles to the point of spray painting. I have used various types of paints over the years: acrylic, acrylic + clear (cob) enamel, enamel + hardener, two pack (mixed). The paint looks great but stonechips can ruin that very quickly. Baked enamel is the next quest for the...

Are the new kitchen counter-top refinishing kits sold at HI stores worth it? Durable? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been noticing refinishing kits sold at places like Home Depot, etc. These kits run approx. $200-300, so still pricey. Does anyone have any other ideas. My kitchen desperately needs a facelift but I'm not ready to invest a lot right now. I am very open to all types of ideas.

Baked pancakes [ 1 Answers ]

In a very old Bero cookbook you did baked pancakes cooked on saucers and then served with jams etc, it was soft and cakey in the middle but crunchy round the outside

Baked Alaska [ 1 Answers ]

I want to make Baked Alaska for Christmas but I want to make small, individual ones for each of my guests. Any good ideas or tips on how to do this?

When a bread is baked [ 1 Answers ]

Why does bread rise when it is baked? How do you think the mass of the bread would compare to the original total mass of the ingredients in the recipe.

View more questions Search