Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HbgGirl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 08:32 AM
    I need as many opinions as possible!
    I had posted a message on this site before because me & my boyfriend had fooled around & I thought there was a great possibility that I was pregnant (you may want to go back and read the whole story). I waited for about 2 weeks after my missed period and pregnancy symptoms started, and then finally took a HPT this morning. The results were negative. I was just wondering if I should trust the results and wait and see if my symptoms go away and my period comes.. or if I should tell my parents (who are clueless) about the entire situation and then go to the doctors? Hopefully this entire situation was because of stress & now I will be back to normal. But I was just wondering if I should rely on the HPT or go seek more help. Id appreciate as many opinions as possible! Thanks.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2007, 10:17 AM
    How long has it been since you took your last test?
    HbgGirl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 10:32 AM
    I took the test this morning for the first time. I decided to wait 2 weeks after my missed period to see if it was stress & to see if my period would come,but it didn't. So I took the test this morning and it was negative.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 3, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Well, it is still possible that you are pregnant. With all 4 of my children the result was negative until I was 8 weeks pregnant. While it could be stress related, as I answered in another of your posts, you need to have a blood test done to be sure.

If you are not ready for motherhood (which you aren't if you are 16) and you are not pregnant, you need to get on birth control.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2007, 10:55 AM
    It is possible that you are pregnant. It might be a good idea to get into your doctor so that you can get an exam and possibly a blood test. If you are pregnant, you need to start getting proper prenatal care, etc. Your parents will find out eventually, and trust me, as a mommy I would rather my kids sat me down and told me in a mature and adult manner, then me finding out on my own that they were doing things behind my back.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Yes, the best advice here is see the doctor. Everything is confidential. You will get a complete physical plus blood tests which will tell you either way. Blood tests are a lot more accurate.

Joe
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Mar 4, 2007, 03:33 AM
    I would see the doctor and request a pregnancy blood test. You can have many false negative results, with a urine test, but only rarely do you get a false result with a blood test.
    Queen0804 Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

May 10, 2010, 08:32 PM

I would say get the result first and if you are pregnant and feel to tell you parents go ahead. But wait for the result. Try testing again and see a doctor if u get a nother negative and feel the symptoms.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need opinions about investment [ 7 Answers ]

Hi my names Russell and I'm a new user here. I just finished from working in a cruise ship for 5 months and I've saved up 15 grand. I'd appreciate it if I can get some suggestions on the best ways to invest this kind of money.

Any opinions ? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay I was kind of with this girl in the summber but we both went on vacation like she went on a week or seomthing. Day she came back I left for mine for 2 weeks than when I came back she left again.. so we started fighting and things changed. Didn't talk to her for awhile saw her around and saw...

Opinions appreciated [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been going out for two years. The problem is is that I'm not sure if my feelings for him are waning due to what's recently happened in our lives or that I really don't want to be with him for certain things. In less than 12 months, I've changed colleges, lost my job, and...

Need opinions [ 2 Answers ]

My nephew has an outstanding warrant for drug use. He did not appear in court. His dad signed a 5000.00 surety bond and he did not appear. Since the first incident my sisters home has been raided once again. They did not find my nephew there. They did arrest his dad (my brotherinlaw) for stolen...

Your Opinions Wanted [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, A person asked this question at another question/answer websie: Sometimes my toshiba laptop slows down at any program I'm using. I go into Task Mangager and then under the Processes tab it shows 100% usage at the bottom of it so I have to reboot the PC to run normal. Why does it do this? ...

View more questions Search